---Chapter Nineteen---

----Chapter Nineteen----

A/N - based off the gif, need I say more? Shit's going down people. slight uncomfortable subjects, but it's for the plot - nothing extreme though :///

 slight uncomfortable subjects, but it's for the plot - nothing extreme though :///

"Where the present sits, the past haunts. And if you let it lurk in hiding for too long, it will end up coming back to hurt the present."

- unknown.

(jokes it was me I couldn't find a decent quote that hits the nail on the head for this chappie)

It was a dreary 6th November. Yes, Forks had established a record for having shitty weather, but it was as if the weather this day brought an ominous foreshadowing. The clouds had turned charcoal grey, cutting the ground off from the sun. To Evangeline though, it just looked like another day.

One thing that Eva made sure she did was keep track of time. Having a calendar helped remind her of her accomplishments. Not the concept of marking off dates finished, but for the girl, each day she could cross off a box meant she had another day's distance from her past. She loved how each day, good or bad, was a whole twenty-four hours accumulating behind her. The past month and a half have been so enlightening to her.

Time was showing her it could heal. She had experienced this much time away. She would kill to have more.

I say 'would' because Evangeline Freemond's sudden disappearance in Italy had brought about bitter consequences.

Evangeline had left prematurely from becoming a fully-fledged adult of eighteen years of age. Yes, she was due to become eighteen on the 20th of November. She knew that there was possibility her sudden disappearance could provoke her mother, or the people she was indebted to, to make public fuss about it.

However, she had doubted that as soon as she had touched American soil. A fatal mistake.

-----.-.-.-.-----

The diner had been pretty busy for Faye Freemond, customers seeking comfort in forms of warm coffee and hearty meals. She had only just begun to clean tables before leaving her shift when a certain Chief of police entered.

"Excuse me," the man said, catching the attention of the blonde.

"Oh, Chief Swan! What can I get for you?"

It was no surprise that Faye's cheeks flared at the appearance of the man before her. Charlie Swan, her old high school crush. Obviously, they grew apart after school, but damn he aged like fine wine.

"Faye, oh, I didn't really come for any food. I needed to talk to you about something," he cleared his throat, tapping his police badge on his chest.

They both shuffled in awkwardness, Faye hurriedly finishing her table and ushering him to a couple vacant bar stools.