𝟎𝟐𝟖

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴅɪᴠᴏʀᴄᴇ
'ʙᴜɢ ʜᴇʀ'

Inanna sat on one of the few benches that were randomly placed around the Sparrows courtyard

Inanna sat on one of the few benches that were randomly placed around the Sparrows courtyard. Her skin had been itched sore but each red mark from her nails was hidden by the dark blood that stained her skin and the white shirt she wore.

She hadn't tried to wash away the blood that clung to her skin, nor had she looked for another shirt in the diner so she could get rid of the blood soaked white one before leaving with Allison and Harlan's body which had been chucked into the trunk of the car. Inanna hadn't done either of those, because simply she didn't care about the consequences that followed her recent actions.

Luther had kept his distance from Inanna, watching from her the opposite side of the courtyard with Sloane, their faces reflecting the same worry that grew with each minute of Inanna's loud silence.

"Maybe you should talk to her" Sloane suggested for the second time after being shut down immediately the first time less than half an hour before.

"No. Absolutely not" Luther shook his head, firmly sticking to his answer by avoiding eye contact with Sloane. "She will tear my jugular out with her teeth" Luther whispered harshly, pointing at his throat, which he had half hidden with the collar of the Sparrow jacket he wore.

"She's upset" Sloane argued, discreetly pointing over at Inanna who hadn't averted her gaze away from a bush that stood in front of her.

"She's a murderer" Luther said, dropping his voice even quieter, believing that Inanna would still be able to hear him.

"You're just going to leave her?" Sloane asked, feeling sorry for the woman who hadn't uttered a single word since she had left the diner with Allison.

"Yes" Luther nodded. "Five can deal with her later" Luther mumbled, averting his gaze from Inanna, not wanting her to look up and see him staring at her.

"You said that Five would be the worst person for her to talk to right now. You said that" Sloane poked her finger into Luther's chest.

Luther's eyes darted from Sloane's finger to her face. "What do I know?" Luther asked "I've never been married before. I've never even been in a relationship until I met you".

Sloane sighed. "Luther, she's-".

"Oh no" Luther pointed towards the door behind Inanna which had been pushed open by Delaney. "She's going to die" Luther whisper shouted, as Delaney walked over to Inanna holding a damp cloth in her hand and a mug of coffee in the other. "She's going to murder her with that mug" Luther panicked pointing at the red mug that Delaney held.

Delaney sat down on the bench, purposely leaving space between them. Delaney sat the mug of coffee down on the bench between her and Inanna, keeping the cloth in her hand. Anna had been against Delaney going to see Inanna, but Delaney had wanted to speak to Inanna since the Sparrows had attacked at the hotel, and she couldn't stand seeing her girlfriends double looking so lost.