𝟎𝟐𝟎

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏꜰ ᴅɪᴠᴏʀᴄᴇ
'ʙᴏɴᴅᴇᴅ ꜰᴏʀ ʟɪꜰᴇ'

The plans to meet back up at the bar in two hours changed as Allison had gone home to see her daughter

The plans to meet back up at the bar in two hours changed as Allison had gone home to see her daughter. None of them could blame her and Inanna wished that she too could have gone home. Inanna didn't go down to have dinner with the others either, telling Five that she wanted to catch up on her sleep.

However, Inanna didn't sleep much, her mind running faster in the quiet room and even when Five returned to the room with a box of Chinese food and a small pile of clothes for the both of them, Inanna was still awake, but with her eyes closed and facing the wall, Five believed she was asleep. Five sat the box of food and the clothes on the table before getting in his own bed for the night, leaving Inanna's mind to wander until the sun came up.

Inanna was out of the room before Five, after changing into the more 2019 accepted clothes that Klaus had picked out for her from the 'store' in the hotel, ignoring all of Five's suggestions as he chose a floral red and black shirt — to match the yellow one he had picked out for himself — and a pair of worn converse and denim jeans.

"How is our little Sugar Mama feeling this morning?" Klaus came up behind Inanna, peering over her shoulder as she picked through the buffet of food that had been laid out for breakfast.

Inanna rolled her eyes at the nickname, knowing that Klaus wouldn't drop it at any point. — The same way Diego hadn't dropped 'Red'. "She's doing okay, don't you worry about her".

"Hey" Klaus moved to Inanna's side "You and I are bonded for life now, you have my oxygen inside your lungs" Klaus reminded Inanna.

"You mean I have your carbon dioxide in my lungs" Inanna said.

Klaus waved his hand in Inanna's face. "Doesn't matter. The point is, you and I are family and I worry about family... How are you feeling?" Klaus asked again.

Inanna turned to him, the faintest of smiles tugging on her lips. "I'm okay, Klaus" Inanna said.

"Really?" Klaus leaned closer to Inanna as she plated herself some breakfast.

Inanna nodded, her smile growing. "Really" Inanna took a small side step away from Klaus.

It wasn't a complete lie, other from the lack of sleep and the unanswered questions, for someone who had found out that their life had been ruined, Inanna was doing her best.

Five came up to the buffet next to Inanna, pressing a good morning kiss to her temple as he tucked her hair behind her ear so he could see her face.

"Did you have to match with my wife?" Five asked Klaus as he sat his hat on his head, looking from Inanna to Klaus.

Inanna looked down at her outfit, only then realising that Klaus wore the same thing just in yellow and black.

"We are life partners, Five, the sooner you accept it, the sooner you can learn to love it" Klaus said as he walked away from the couple to rejoin Diego — who's hair was cut shorter, almost matching his mugshot — at the table to hear more about his alleged son, Stanley, who was helping himself to the muffins.