Chapter 14- Knowledge.

❝𝗜 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗲𝗱 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴. 𝗜 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗜 𝗱𝗶𝗱𝗻'𝘁.❞

[    C  A  N    I    B  E    H  A  P  P  Y  ?    ]

. . .

AS IZUKU TRIED TO MAKE HIMSELF COMFORTABLE AT THE TABLE,

he cautiously looked around as Nezu stayed quiet with a smile.

The hundred security cameras stared daggers at the greenette with red apexes, the electric rays spread across the wall like snow on winter and the racks of paper that was situated everywhere in the most imperfect distressing way.

It all strained him in some annoying way he just couldn't put a name to.

Looking at the buttons near the hybrid, Izuku was smart enough to know that anyone other than Nezu touching them was no better than dead.

It was problematic to oversee around the area with all the mixed wires to the buttons to the random weird patterns that the amalgam added just for fun.

Frankly, the room screamed security at him. He felt restrained, imprisoned.

Izuku narrowed his eyes as he shifted in his seat. 'Obviously this room is very secure, I'm clearly not very trusted so it's fair enough to bring me here as we talk.'

It was understandable, actually. Izuku wouldn't trust himself if in Nezu's position.

Doing his best to sway his uneasy thoughts away, Izuku turned his piercing dull eyes towards the animal amalgam that was smiling at him.

...

...Izuku has never met an animal with a quirk.

He was amazed, though it wasn't shown, as he stared at the hybrid that was slowly getting uncomfortable with the stare.

'...Sugoi.' The greenette, with his typical dull smile, emerged in his thoughts, before his smile slightly dropped in curiosity. 'I wonder if he's scared of cats..'

Nezu slightly shifted in his seat, coughing to get the greenette's attention. 'Or people with cat‐like quirk? But he's part dog as well...' Nezu coughed again.

"My my, Midoriya‒kun! You've been staring for rather a while; I worry for the well-being of your non blinking eyes!"

Izuku finally blinked, which Nezu mentally sighed of relief at. "Call me 'Izuku'." He repeated his previous words, slightly less soft than before.

"Oh my, deepest apologies, Izuku‒kun! Now, what do you reckon about a round a chess?" Nezu apologised quickly before getting straight to the point, slightly surprising Izuku.