FIFTY: i love you more.

Start from the beginning

"I love you." There he goes again. But Eddie doesn't necessarily hate it. He smiles, says it back and kisses the underside of his jaw from where he's looking up at him. It's nice. Makes Eddie feel all warm and fuzzy inside. But later that evening after their supper and everyone headed off to a club, Rhys rarely said it, rather even... kept his distance.

He just drank. And drank. Same goes for everyone else except Argyle, Eddie and Steve, they mostly went out for smokes, drank tons of soda or water, watching after their boyfriends and also their friends, Robin and Nancy who were dancing together. "Rhys?" Eddie scooted closer to him and there he was again, feeling small and clingy because Rhys didn't turn his whole attention to him, he merely sipped his cocktail and hummed.

Eddie leaned closer, "do you wanna come with me to the bathroom?" He whispered and Rhys quickly turned his head to him. "Why?" He made a disgusted face and for a moment, Eddie felt sad because Rhys didn't wanna have sex with him or do anything with him, but the blond just didn't wanna hook up in a gross public bathroom, others might not seem to might to, but Rhys preferred the privacy of their room back at the hotel.

"Nevermind." Eddie turned away and Rhys sighed before leaning in close. "I don't wanna make love in a bathroom. I want to do that when we get home. I've been frustrated all evening because our friends interrupted us about to watch a movie." He whispers and it sends chills down Eddie's entire spine.

Last time they watched a movie, they ended up making out at the beginning and unable to keep their hands off each other but waited until the movie was completely over. Eddie quickly looks back at him, "we can go home and watch a movie now." He whispers.

"Fuck." Rhys murmured and leaned in, kissing his boyfriend passionately. "I love you," he says into their kiss and Eddie is back to feeling giddy, kissing him back. It made heat come to his face and his inside feel like mush as his heart beats even faster, whispering it back before pulling away. "Can we for real leave though? They can find their way home fine, right?" He's smiling and Rhys is honestly tempted, staring at his lover's grinning face.

Who could ever deny Eddie and his handsome face with his cute little signature grin? So he gave in, so Eddie told Argyle they were heading back because Rhys was too drunk, which the blond was way too good at pretending he was considering he was not a lightweight like the others. "Okay, get back safe and we'll see you guys in the morning?" Argyle asked and Eddie nods. "Yeah, you guys too, okay? Make sure Nancy and Robin get in bed safely and lay them on their sides--" "so they don't choke if they vomit, yeah, yeah, get out of here, dad and take care of our other dad." Argyle's tone is teasing but it makes Eddie blush and play it off with a eye roll. "Okay, bye!"

In their hotel room, Rhys took his time with Eddie who got a little impatient and told him to hurry up so the blond came up to him face to face. "I just wanna cherish you all night, darling." He leaned down to kiss him on the lips. "Okay, okay, just get the stuff." Eddie rushed him and Rhys laughs, continuing his kisses down his lover's neck, holding the other side of it gingerly before pulling away slowly.

"What's wrong?" Eddie asked with worry and Rhys just rubs the side of his neck with his thumb. "Nothing, darling... just love you very much." He smiled sweetly and it made Eddie well up with tears a bit. "Hey, hey," Rhys cups the other side of his face as he brings the both of them upright, Eddie crawling into his lap. "I don't deserve you." The Munson murmured with a sad stare, not meeting his eyes. "Of course you do, darling. You deserve everything. You deserve the world, no, fuck that, you deserve the entire universe." He finishes the sentiment with a small kiss to Eddie's cheek.

"Stop," Eddie's tears get worse as he covers his face and Rhys chuckled, pulling him into his arms. His hands are softly rubbing up and down the man's lowerback, peppering kisses on his shoulder and Eddie sniffles. "I'm just so overwhelmed--" "it's okay. It's okay." Rhys murmured, kissing his neck this time before pulling back a bit, cupping his face again. "It's fine. Really, I like watching you cry." He's grinning and that earns him a small shove onto his shoulder so he laughs.

"Sadist." Eddie murmured but just continued to wipe away his tears. "You love it." The blond smirks and the brunette looks up into his green eyes. "No. I love you..." He whispers and Rhys smiles now, leaning in to give him a small kiss. "I just got overwhelmed because you've been saying it so much lately, and usually I'm the one to say it first and you say it back... So I really am feeling truly loved. And I'm just grateful for you as my boyfriend." Eddie reached out, touching his lover's face gently.

"Oh... that's so cute..." Rhys giggled quietly and Eddie just smiles widely. "Can... we promise that whatever happens after the summer... we stay together?" He whispers. "Of course." Rhys mumbled, connecting their lips into a kiss before laying the Munson down. "I love you, Eddie Munson..." He murmured.

"I love you more, Rhys Campbell..."

"I love you times infinity." Rhys mumbles, pulling away with a small smirk with his cute kiss swollen lips that are so red. Eddie's probably looked the same. "That's so gay." The Munson whispers so the Campbell leans down so their faces are closer again. "We are gay." He tells his boyfriend. "Yeah, but... it's still like super gay." Eddie whispered.

"Oh, shut up and kiss me again."

authors note
i was debating a really sad ending. but i just ended up deciding a happy ending which is a timeskip like 5 years later into their lives and where they're all at <3