Pain

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝟣𝟥

                                                                           𝚁𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗

The darkness that surrounded me was almost as bad as the icy cold of the Cauldron. Again and again it penetrated my skin like a flock of bloodthirsty ravens, trying to draw me into its solitude.

My body twitched with cold and pain, the cuts and punctures on my body the biggest pain I had ever experienced in my life. And if that wasn't bad enough, my hands were tied behind my back so that I had absolutely no access to my magic.

From time to time I had the feeling that my magic was flickering and giving me the necessary hope that this would all end soon, that it was just a bad nightmare trying to pull me into the eternal darkness of pain, but soon the hope faded and in its place the feeling of indifference took over. A far worse feeling than the dizzying hope and constant pain.

The cuts from the chains on my wrists were burning, the iron bars were digging sharply into my back. The smell of Faebane was strong in the air, as if it didn't want to give me a chance to breathe properly. My throat burned with every breath and my lungs contracted painfully. My clothes were just rags hanging loosely down my body, reminding me of the cruel truth of my situation.

If someone asked me how long I had been here, I could not give an answer. It could have been a few days or it could have been weeks.

My sense of time no longer existed down here.

Creaking steps snapped me out of my delirium and my head swung from side to side, all my tension gone from my body.

Grunting, the door to my cell was opened and a few rays of light filtered through to me. A small needle was in the hand of the man walking towards me, three others stood in the doorway watching everything. The musty smell penetrated my nose unpleasantly and I had to pull myself together not to throw up.

Dark spots danced in front of my eyes as the man plunged the needle ungently into the crook of my elbow and laughed darkly as my body shook and my nose began to bleed. The pain that went through my entire being made sobs escape from my throat. But the man whose dark hair fell around his face like a greasy cape grabbed my chin between his dirty fingers and stroked my cheeks.

"Very soon you will be ours, witch." He spit the word Witch as if I was at fault when I was made. But his voice made me tremble, that dark promise in his voice a reminder that I was as powerless as I ever was.

And as soon as he took a step back and  my veins beneath my skin lit up a toxic green and my back pushed away from the bars in sheer pain. Hot rays filtered through my body, making me sweat and scream. It was as if my magic was tearing me apart from the inside out. But the man whose damn name I did not know just laughed at me.

The last thing I heard was delighted laughter following his and then the darkness pulled me down into its grip to swallow me.

>a week later<

By now they had taken me to another room full of glasses and needles. And sometimes I thought I was dreaming. Short glimpses into another time, where I was standing outside in the sunny street of Dawn Court and watching the sunset. But as soon as I got the chance to lose myself in these dreams, the image blurred and the cold darkness embraced me again.

Every day the men came down, experimented on me, gave me injections and laughed when my body bent in agony. Not that I had much room to move at all. I was chained day and night to a table that bound my arms and legs so tightly that I could feel the cold of the chains on my wounds. Not once did any of the men check on my well-being or tend to my wounds. Not that my magic could have healed me, as my shackles were constantly soaked with faebane.

Today, to my luck, seemed to be one of the days when the men were in a bad mood. After a few days, I had noticed a pattern that made it easy for me to describe their moods and when I looked at the faces standing in the doorway, I felt a chill run down my spine.

Knives and other "tools" glittered in the cold light created by a few lamps. My stomach churned as I realised what they were up to. Not that it was the first time or that it would be the last.

The hope that someone would get me out of here had been shattered long ago. I didn't even have access to the fragile bond that connected me and Azriel. Even if he was the last person I would ask for help. My family was sacred to me but I wouldn't risk my mental health that much again for them. Besides, I didn't want to drag them into this, not when Feyre was expecting a baby.

Voices buzzed around me, invading my brain like unwanted guests, manipulating my senses. Glasses clinked, knives sharpened and creepy faces blurred in front of my face, my body so paralysed, so weak I couldn't even scream or cry.

Only silent tears ran down my cheeks and glistened like crystals in the light as the knives cut me open and ointments were smeared on my body. And once again it felt like my magic was trying to burn me.

Cold, white swathes of my magic wafted out of my body and into a strange vessel. Needles pricked my skin and took my blood. The blood from my wounds ran down onto the iron table and warmed my cold, lifeless body.

The voices around me were loud yet quiet. They blurred and wrapped around my body like a chain as I perceived the few words the men spoke to each other.

"Beron will be thrilled that we've almost got her to execude his plan. And then... then the fun begins, men."

---------------------------------------------------

I am so sorry that I didnt write in months but I had no idea what to write and then yesterday at freaking ten in the evening I got the idea and wrote it down... sooo here it is.

it's short I know but I just wanted to give you something. the next three months there will be coming nothing at all bc I am going away... but maybe after that I will write more.

Anyways a big Thank you <3 for all the reads, comments and votes.... see you and have a great day people <3