Chapter 4

Happy reading ☺️.

**************************************

Tejasswi's POV

As he looked at me, I walked towards him with the reports in my hands. He immediately got up from his seat and looked at me impatiently.

Karan : Is my mother alright? Anything serious? Can I meet her?

Offo, Mumma's boy!

Teja : Sure, sir. Follow me.

He nodded at me and I walked ahead of him. We walked further in silent and reached a room. It's a private patient room, consider as VIP's room. He is Karan Kundrra, a well known businessman in Canada.

Therefore, he had instructed that his mother needs a VIP room with top class cares. He looked around and I must say that he is impressed by the cleanliness and structure of the ward room.

Then, his eyes falls on his mother. His eyes turns teary seeing his mother in such state. Nothing much people. We are just giving her drips and oxygen mask is to give her enough oxygen as for now her lungs are weak.

He runs to his mother and holds her hand. I folds my arms upon my chest and kept looking at them. I must say that he is really attached to his mother and he really loves her to core.

God, please keep this aunty save at least for his love on her!

He kissed her hand and kept looking at her.

Hello, bro! I'm here as well!

I faked a cough to get his attention. He turned towards me and got up again. He places his mother's hand carefully and came to me. I was about to talk but this guy placed his finger on my lips pushing me to the wall and coming dangerously close to me.

I was hella shocked by his sudden act. He keep staring at me with some anger in his eyes.

Wait, what? Why is he shooting daggers at me? What did I do?

Karan : Can't you see she is taking rest? Why do you have to cough loudly? What if she wake up by that?

He said in husky voice. I think he did that so his mother can't listen to us and it won't disturb her.

Dude, I'm her doctor! Don't I know what to do and what not to do around her?! I glared him for being kinda rude to me, a doctor but the next second he took his fingers off my lips and looked at me. He looked beside me and stood 3 steps away from me.

I looked at the direction and saw chucks, I meant Dr. Purab getting in. He had noticed our earlier position and he gave me kinda teasing look. I just ignored Chucks. Karan looked at Chucks ignoring me.

What the heck dude!

Firstly, he did something which was unexpected and now he is ignoring me! I demand an explanation.

I gave Mrs. Kundrra's report to Chucks. He goes through and looked at me. I nodded at him. Chuck and I looked at Karan. This created a fear in him. I can see it in his eyes.

Purab : So, Mr. Kundrra..

That guys interupted Chucks.

Karan : Just call me Karan, Dr!

'Just call me Karan, Dr!', huh?!

He is all sweet to Chucks but rude with me. This guy is unpredictable!

Purab : Okay, Karan. We had checked your mother and this is what we come through. Her heart is weak and it is refusing to take any blood to pump for other body parts. As she didn't get to pump enough blood that carries oxygen and nutrients to other body parts, she had an attack. Thank God, this was diagnosed at an early stage.

Karan : Wait, are you saying that my mother's heart is weak and that's why she had an attack?

Teja : Yes, Mr Kundrra. Therefore, we suggest that Mrs. Kundrra need to get a new heart transplant to her which will help her to pump blood to carry oxygen and nutrients to her whole body.

Purab : There are medicines which help the heart to pump as usual but she might have some complications and the medication is not permanent. She might get another attack and after 2nd attack the chances of survival will be low. So, the best choice is the transplant.

Teja : The choice is yours, Mr. Kundrra. Mrs Kundrra will be awake in some minutes. We will give you time to talk and take the decision with her. If you want, we will explain the procedures to her as well.

Purab : So any help you can call me or Dr. Tejasswi here. Take care.

Chucks smiled at Karan, who nodded at him. I checked the patient's pressure and all the necessary things once again and turned to leave but he held my hand. I stopped at my place rooted.

End of Tejasswi's POV.

**************************************

After Purab left the room, Karan holds Teja's hand, who were about to leave from there after checking his mother one last time. Teja stopped at her step by his sudden act.

She turns back to him and looks at him who is already looking at her. This time his eyes weren't shooting daggers at her but it is softened and calm. Tejasswi was surprised by this side of him.

Tejasswi looks at their hands, then at him. Karan follows her and realizes his mistake. He releases her hand and Tejasswi takes her hand back meanwhile Karan inserts his hands in his pants pocket.

Karan : I'm sorry for.. what I did some minutes ago. I just.. I got furious as you coughed and I thought it will disturb Maa. I'm really sorry.

Teja : That's okay! It's understandable. Can I ask you something?

Karan : Sure.

Teja : Are you suffering from any multi personality disorder? Some minutes ago you were angry and now calm.

Karan raises his eyebrow at Tejasswi but next second he breaks into fits of laughter. Tejasswi laughs with him also.

Karan : I'm a short-tempered, so I can't help it! But.. I'm truly sorry from my heart.

Teja : That's okay!

Karan : About Maa's transplant suggestion, is it safe? Will there be any complications after the transplantation?

Teja : Nothing like that. It's depends on a patient's medical state. First, we will have to search for a perfect heart that is suitable for your mother. Then, after surgery after examining her only we can tell her whether she might have complications or not. Some transplantation doesn't have any complications at all and some transplantation might have complications.

Karan nods his head understanding each and every word of Tejasswi. Karan thanked her. She smiles at him and leaves from there while Karan goes to his mother and sits on a stool beside her holding her hand.

**************************************

That's all for this part. Thanks for reading and sorry for the grammar mistakes 🙏☺️.