Chapter 3

Hello, happy reading ☺️.

**************************************

Tejasswi's POV

People say you're only as sick as your secrets. And hospitals are full of secrets. Some are harmless, but others... Whispered in the wrong ear, well, they can be fatal.

You're only as sick as your secrets. They can isolate you or leave you paralyzed. If you're not careful, secrets can become your entire identity. But you only have to be brave enough to tell one person, and then it isn't a secret anymore.

Damn! Why am I giving such a philosophy facts now?

Ouch! My arm.

It hurts from the push made by the businessman, Karan Kundrra. I think my elbow is a bit dislocated and have to crack for it to get better. I was massaging the place where the pain was when my Chachi, Disha came there.

 I was massaging the place where the pain was when my Chachi, Disha came there

This is Disha Chachi. Mrs. Pragya Mehra's little sister. Disha Chachi is a head nurse in this hospital and have been working here from past 10 years. She lost her husband and her son in a car accident. From then, she had never looked at anyone else nor did a second marriage.

Disha : Hey! Why are you massaging your own elbow?

Teja : It's paining, Chachi. I think have to crack it as it might be dislocated by the way I landed on the floor.

Disha : Want me to crack it?

Why not? She is experienced more well than me. I nodded at her and slowly forwards my arm to her. She kept the file she was holding on the counter and holds my arms. She examined it for a minute and pull my arm forcefully!

Crack!

It was loud! She releases my arm. I made some moves and yes, I don't have anymore pain. I smiled at Chachi and thanked her. She smiled back at me but the smile turned into a frown.

Disha : Dr. Rachel had called me this morning. She told me that my niece, which is you was doing extra duty yesterday night along with her at YUZI Hospital. May I know why?

Oh shit! I'm in trouble again!

Yeah, I went to this hospital to take up an extra duty to calm myself from the fight that took place in Mehra Mansion. I didn't go back to apartment but I went to YUZI Hospital after checking with Dr. Rachel is there any chance for me to take up anyone's shift in her ED.

Luckily, an ED doctor didn't show up, so I took the shift and served my duty as well because I know if I had went back to my apartment means I wouldn't have been in my sane mind. I had gone through the same shit a lot of time back then and I get to know the only way which can distract me is serving the people in need as a doctor.

If I had told this to Aneri and Harsh, they would have thrown me out of this hospital right away to make me take some rest at home as I have been doing the continues shift from the day before yesterday and till now I didn't have a proper sleep from past 2 days. Well, that's a doctor's life!

I came out of my trance when Disha Chachi snaps her fingers at me. I looked at her and she looked at me with questioning eyes. I sighed and told her the truth from Mr and Mrs Mehra's fight and the truth which is I went to YUZI Hospital and not to apartment. Disha Chachi holds my hand with her left hand and cupped my cheek with her right hand.

Disha : I know that was hard but you also should take care of yourself, Teju. What if this medicine makes you weak? I know duty is your first priority but if you doesn't give yourself some care even this duty can't help you out.

After all, she is right but I'm not worried as I have 'that' with me. I know it's dangerous to take it all the time but I don't have any other choice.

Teja : Chachi, don't worry. I'll take care of myself.

I smiled being assured at her and she nods at me. Just then, Chucks came there. I meant Dr. Purab Khanna.

He is chief of surgeon in this hospital and Harsh's father

He is chief of surgeon in this hospital and Harsh's father. I call him as 'Chucks' from the first time we bonded well. He lost his wife when she gave birth to Harsh.  He is a single parent and had raised Harsh really well.

Purab : Hey!

Teja : Hi, Chucks!

Disha : Hi sir!

Disha Chachi smiled at Chucks simply. He passed her a small smile. They both looked at each other and kept staring at each other. Aren't they are a thing? I really can feel something between them and to be honest, they are cute together.

I placed my elbow on the counter and placed my chin on my palms and kept staring at two of them, from Chucks to Chachi and Chachi to Chucks. They kept staring into each other's eyes being lost. Okay, I'm done with these two!

I cleared my throat to get their attention. I got it successfully. They looked at me and I gave them a teasing smile. Disha Chachi looked here and there. She left from there without saying anything while Chucks ran his hand on his hair. I burst into laughter.

Purab : Badmaash!

He shook his head in disbelief and left from there. I controlled my laughter and settled on my chair. I looked through my phone and I felt a little sharp pain in my head. I hold it and massaged my forehead. I know what spin is this.

I immediately ran my hand into my doctor's coat pocket and took out a pill box. I looked around and checked if anyone is seeing me or not. I quickly took a pill from the box and placed it back in my pocket. I looked around again and put that pill in my mouth and swallowed it.

Thank God, none see that especially Harsh and Aneri. I drank some water and tried to calm my uneven heartbeat and the headache. After some minutes, Harsh came there with some reports in his hand.

Harsh : Teju, Mrs. Kundrra had been shifted to the normal ward and here is her report.

I took it from him and go through the report. I found what's the problem in this patient's body. I looked back at Harsh and he nodded at him as he understood what I'm thinking.

Harsh : She needed it to survive.

Teja : I'll let know her son about this and will bring him to her ward by myself.

He nodded at me and left from there. I turned towards Karan. He was impatiently sitting on the chair. He was looking around and finally his eyes met mine.

End of Tejasswi's POV.

**************************************

That's all for this part. Thanks for reading and sorry for the grammar mistakes 🙏☺️.