Jaemin's eyes filled instantly with tears and he was sobbing into his knees.

Donghyuck slowly sat down next to Jaemin as he cried.

He didn't say anything and he didn't dare touch him without permission. He just sat there and waited and Jaemin cried. Hoping his presence would be enough for now.

Jaemin calmed down after a while to hiccups and sniffles.

"My parents left me," Jaemin's face crumpled as he laid his head down on Donghyuck's shoulder. "They....they left me months ago. I came home one day and they were just...they....t-they were gone."

Donghyuck's heart dropped.

"I've been trying to live without them and it's so hard," Jaemin's lip started to wobble again. "Minhyuk, the boy from the mall...his dad owns this building. He thinks I'm his property and he...he beats me. He's the reason I get all the bruises I just-"

Jaemin took a few deep breaths trying to calm himself.

Donghyuck slowly lowered his head to rest on Jaemin's.

"He wants me to have sex with him," Jaemin confessed in a whisper. "...I'm always scared he's going to rape me."

"I'd fucking kill him," Donghyuck snapped as his nails dug into his palms. "I'd bury his body so deep that hell would have to dig to find him."

Jaemin let out a small wet laugh before his mood dropped again.

"And Jeno..." That's what seemed to get to Jaemin as the boy choked on a sob. "I love him."

Donghyuck nodded as Jaemin clutched onto his arm.

"I love him so much," Jaemin's tears seem to roll down faster. "Ever since i met him...he's been the best part of my life. I didn't have any friends besides him."

Donghyuck listened to him carefully.

"The first time I met him," Jaemin swallowed thickly. "He was the new boy and i heard about how he moved here with his brother when his parents died. He was always quiet and never talked to any of the other kids. He never smiled."

Flashback

"Freak," A boy spat as he tripped Jaemin.

"Leave me alone!" Jaemin yelled as he kicked woodchips from the ground up at the other boy.

"Why don't you just-" The boy went to ridicule him but something behind him made him run in the other direction.

'Huh?' Jaemin thought as he looked behind him.

There stood Jeno Lee.

His black eyes boring into Jaemin's before he turned away and walked to the empty bench at the corner of the playground.

Jaemin's heart thumped in his ears loudly.

'He just saved me.'

Jaemin slowly stood up and dusted himself off with pink cheeks before gathering his courage to walk towards Jeno Lee.

Sure, he heard about Jeno's parents.

He heard about how nobody has gotten him to talk.

Not even the teachers make him talk.

He has never seen the boy with anybody else.

Not like he was Mr.Popular either.