14. A cook 😘👌

The guys had all made their way to the kitchen, seeing Ace in the cooking area surrounded by fire and smiling casually continuing to cook. Sabo on the other hand, was patting Luffy on the head as the flames etched closer to them. Luffy was looking at the fire like a tasty meal, while Sabo was paying it no mind.

(A/n: Worried about finals? Well I've got the solution for you!! Bring a hole punch into class and use it on your paper...so then that way....you can....Ace the test... 。⁠:゚⁠(⁠;⁠'⁠∩⁠'⁠;⁠)゚⁠:⁠。)

The fire kept creeping up the walls as everyone (especially Franky) started to panic some. It was a good thing the sunny was pretty resistant to fire, cause everyone was able to get the fire out pretty quickly while Ace and Sabo continued to pay no heed to it, leaving Luffy to just watch.

As the flames died down Luffy looked up at Sabo and touched his scar. With an innocent gleam of the eyes, Luffy looked into Sabo's eyes and asked. "Sabo?"

"Hm?" Sabo replied

Luffy tilted his head. "Why doesn't the fire scare you?"

Ace, who was paying attention to the food quickly tightened up as guilt and regret shocked his system.

Sabo flinched while tightening his grip of Luffy's wrist, and widening his eyes. "U-uhh...well." Sabo stepped back and loosened his grip on Luffy's wrist. "I didn't know you guys had found out exactly what happened to me..." Sabo turned his attention away from Luffy and faced an empty wall, but kept his hand around Luffy's wrist and shoulder.

The crew was looking back and fourth between the two, confused as to what was going on. Out of curiosity, they looked to see what Ace was doing.

He had stopped cooking, just looking straight down on what he had been working on. He almost seemed like he was trembling, just standing there listening.

'Bad memories....?' the crew thought. '...What happened....?' without a word, the crew exchanged glances at each other and agreed they'd get to the bottom of this one way or another. 'fire...' was so far their only clue.

Luffy opened his mouth again to speak, but Ace quickly intervened. "Hey Sabo!" Ace turned around and sped walked over to the two of them completely ignoring the others in the room. "Why don't you cook Luffy's favorite meal!!" He said with a weary smile.

Sabo lit up a little, and forced his mind forward. "OH! Yes!!! I'd love to!" Sabo genuinely smiled brightly. "It's been so long since I've last cooked for him."

Sanji, out of fear for his kitchen and people's safety cut in. "Hey..! Why don't you take a break, you two can sit on the couch with Luffy while I cook up his favorite meal." Sanji said this with a little concern for them, the older brothers looked upset.

"No, no way! I want to cook for him!" Sabo looked at Sanji with serious eyes. "You should know what it means to cook for someone." Sabo softened his eyes, he didn't mean that in a harsh way or anything. Just that it's what he really wanted right now.

Sanji understood where he was coming from, but also couldn't let the ship burn down. If he was anything like his brother, there'd be issues. "Really, it's fine.."

Sabo looked at him hesitantly. "Are you sure you know how to cook Luffy's favorite meal? It's kinda...I guess you could say, a tough one to make..."

Sanji looked a little offended, but inside was really offended. Putting his hand to his chest he spoke. "An assortment of meat and a boiled egg isn't at all hard to make." He straightened his stance and lowered his hand. "I-"

Ace looked at Sanji blankly while cutting him off. "That's not Luffy's favorite dish..."

Sabo also looked at Sanji with a blank confused expression. Sanji looked at them confused, followed by the rest of the crew. "What..?"

Sabo and Ace looked at Luffy and at the same time asked. "You never told your chef your favorite meal?"

Luffy was eating the tablecloth, but looked up into his brothers eyes. "They never asked." Ace and Sabo turned to Sanji.

Sanji sweated and looked to the right. "I uh, heh, just assumed..."

Ace and Sabo shifted their weight to one leg and crossed their arms with sassy faces. "Uuuhuh..?" Both fluttering their eyelashes at the same time.

Usopp turned to brook and whispered. "It's really creepy how they do that..."

Brook gave a goofy smile and whispered back. "A brother's bond yoho~"

A sweatdrop formed on Go d. Usopp's face, and he squinted his eyes. "Well there's a point where it's too much." A chill went down Usopp's spine.

Sabo simultaneously shifted is weight to the other foot, then again, and one last time. He unfolded his arms and walked over to the kitchen pushing Ace a little to the side. "Guess I'm making breakfast! Ehue."

Sanji just stared, arms outstretched as his eyes followed Sabo. "Ok," lowering his arms. "But I'm watching so I know for next time." Then he followed Sanji.

Ace had picked up Luffy and brought him to the couch. They were cuddling and smiling.

The girls were still outside doing who knows what, but the guys didn't really wanna miss the food. So they stayed inside and waited, knowing Sanji would make food for the WOMEN (💅✨) if they missed out, which they probably would knowing Luffy. They were all pretty curious as to what Luffys favorite food was, they knew he'd eat just about anything but his little meat dish was pretty good whenever they got their hands on some (which was almost never). 'wonder if it's good'.

Sanji had moved over to the kitchen area to clean up while everyone was settling down. Moving dishes to the sink to clean later, and doing simple fixes to keep it tidy enough for when he forced the brothers to clean up later. 'Jeez...these scorch marks are all over the place. Ace really did a number on the place, never letting him cook again.' Sanji thought with a hmph and a cross of his arms.

Sanji looked over to see what Sabo was cooking and jumped back hitting the wall with a loud thud!

Everyone looked to where the sound came from.

Jinbe stood up and looked over. "What was that!?" He saw Sanji and was surprised by his facial expression. "Sanji are you ok!!?"

Sanji was looking at Jinbe while pointing to what Sabo was cooking, struggling to get words out before passing out.

Everyone else stood up while Ace and Luffy stayed seated. Jimbe ran over to Sanji and lifted him up. "Sanji??" He turned around and saw what Sabo was cooking, Jinbe stumbled back and dropped Sanji. Sabo looked back at the others while Jimbe said "Oops.." he picked up Sanji again and returned to the crew slowly walking with his shadowed eyes like a defeated soldier.

Sabo, who was still looking back, smiled almost menacingly as his eyes seemed to glowed red. "What's wrong?"

Wooooshh wind blew through Jimbe's clothes and hair as he held onto the passed out prince'ss' Sanji, who's mouth was foaming.

Brook asked what happened but Jinbe only looked at him slightly and shook his head, not saying a word.

Usopp mistakenly walked over to see what Sabo was doing, and Brook had to go rescue him, which made Chopper have to go in to pull those two out, which lead to Zoro needing to get them, ultimately making Franky go in to pull them all out of there.

But it ended in failure...

"Shishishi...." Luffy looked up with his hat half shadowing his eyes.