11. A sudden realization

A few hours had passed already and the whole ship was still asleep. The boat was rocking gently as the sun started to rise, letting the calm crashing waves hit against the docs and islands' shore.

The three brothers had already long since settled down and were enjoying their dreams. Especially Luffy, who had gone from a nightmare to eating an islands worth of treats and snacks.

"OW!!!"

A loud scream that could be heard across the whole boat woke everyone up in almost an instant.

It's location: The men's quarters (⌐■-■)

The guys of the crew shot up from their beds like minute men and were ready in (unlike the name suggests) almost an instant, prepared for a fight if needed. As their attention was drawn to the source of the sound, they realized it was on Luffy's bunk.

"Oh.." they put their weapons away and blinked or rubbed away their tired eyes, setting themselves up for another average day. Aheh...oh how they were wrong, maybe :^.

Sabo was sitting crossed legged and upright while clutching his hand in pain, biting his teeth, he had a little tear on the corner of his eye. "LUFFY!" Sabo cried out while looking behind him a little annoyed, only to see his sweet little brother smiling while snoring.

Any anger Sabo had, left.

Sabo's eyes softened and he faced forward again with a sigh, closing his eyes. With a whisper, "oh nevermind." He smiled softly and put his hand on Luffy's head looking back with a warm smile while giving him little pets. "How could I be mad at such a cutie."

"Ahem" Zoro clears his throat, catching Sabo's attention making him turn to face Zoro.

'jeez how many times I outta turn' Sabo thinks with an annoyed blink since he can no longer look at Luffy. Sabo's thoughts interrupt Zoro speaking as he thinks 'Wait I can just keep looking at Luffy!' he turns his head again and scoops Luffy up into a cuddle.

"Understood?" Zoro says a little louder.

Usopp puts his hand on Zoro's shoulder. "I don't think he was listening.."

"I figured..." Zoro responded.

"Well.." Franky interjects. "Should we ask who he is? What if he IS the the second in command cheif of staff, Sabo the revolutionary?"

Sabo turned his head 'FOR THE LAST TIME' and looks at the gathered men. "Yeah?"

The crew stopped. 'it is him..'

"Wait wait wait," Usopp took his hand off of Zoro's shoulder and walked a little forward. "So you ARE Sabo??" He said with a blink and a stare.

Sabo simply nodded, "Thaaat's right." He said with confidence.

Usopps knees started to shake, while the rest of the crew started to let the fact that this man may actually be Sabo, the 2nd in command of the worlds most wanted criminal...Luffy's dad...wait...would that mean....nahhh... But the fact that Sabo looked protective over him meant trouble...worlds most wanted criminal, 2nd in command to most wanted, 2nd division commander of the world's strongest man, and the navy hero....hm...ignoring shanks for a second, Luffy might be some scary person to mess with. And not cause he himself is strong.

They've seen, or moreover, heard, the capabilities that Sabo had, they needed to know their relationship and how they know each other.

"Oh jeez....." The crew felt a chill down their spine. A few chuckled nervously and sweated.

Usopp passed out, but Chopper was too frozen in shock to help him.

'what would happen if we hurt Luffy in anyway, accident or feeling wise..' the crew thought more and just stood in silence really, they've been too dumb to realize how scary Luffy's friends and family were.

Sabo blinked, "hello? What did you need?"

Sabo's voice had broken them out of their trance, making Zoro speak up again. "Oh..yeah, we want to know. How do you know Luffy?"

Sabo gleamed, as his eyes sparkled and a bright big smile spread across his face. "OH!! WELL IF YOU WANNA HEAR ABOUT MY BABY LU, DO I HAVE THE STORIES FOR YOU!!"

A familiar feeling filled the room, and the Strawhats immediately reacted. "NONONO!! JUST how you know him, no stories....please." Sanji being the one to speak up.

Sabo's eyes dimmed as his face darkened into a sad state. "Oh..." Sabo looked hurt. "Well.." he turned his head away shyly as he pointed his fingers together. "I jus...I just thought. That maybe you'd wanna hear about him and all." Sabo pursued his lips as his eyes squinted a tear away.

The crew started to feel bad, but Sabo suddenly lit up again and shot his direction towards the crew again. "He's my baby brother!!" Sabo said with a big warm smile as he hugged Luffy tighter and rubbed his head with his cheek.

All that moving and shouting made Luffy stir a little.

The crew: (・_・;)( ̄ヘ ̄;)(・_・;)(^~^;)ゞ(٥↼_↼)(-_-;)・・・(╬☉д⊙)⊰⊹ฺヘ(。□°)ヘ "WHHAAAAT!!?!!?"

(A/n: I wanted to make this chapter extra long as like a "10 chapter special" thingie but, it's been awhile and schools got me in a crunch. So maybe next time."