4th of July special

(A/n: just a special, so this isn't current events. Feel free to skip)

Ace was sitting back laying calmly in a field of grass listening to the sound of the peaceful breeze sway through the grass. He was lightly drifting off to sleep enjoying the beautiful day, till he heard someone shout.

"HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!"

Before Ace could look up to figure out who had shouted, he noticed something coming straight for him. Making a successful attempt to grab it not noticing the other three that followed close behind it. They were fast, and as soon as the other three had hit him, including the one that was in his hand. Ace exploded into a bright burst of colored lights .

Fin

(A/n: jk)

Ace shook off the explosion and swallowed the leftover burning paper. "SAAAAABBOOOOO!!! I KNOW THAT WAS YOU!!!" Ace jumped up from where he was laying and made a dash for where he had heard the voice previously. Seeing a shadowed figure run away at top speed seemingly snickering.

Sabo was coming close to a cliff that cut off from the open field, making a quick sliding turn as he tokeyo drifted to the left running along the edge of the cliff.

Ace following close behind forgot to check for dangers while running, noticing the cliff a little too late. Going right off the edge that headed straight for the sea. Luckily for him the lost moment he gained from the attempted stop, allowed him to use his flames and grab the ledge just in time for him to pick himself up and continue after his brother.

Sabo was now in the lead by a longshot, but kept going knowing full well that Ace was going to catch up soon. So in order to not get murdered he kept heading to his destination leaving a clue or two for Ace to follow.

Ace was close behind now, he was starting to piece thing together, Sabo was leading him somewhere. Otherwise Ace would've lost sight of him way earlier, heck he was leaving things behind. Sabo was not that careless. He was being lead into a forest, the trees and bushes starting to thicken as the breeze felt stronger as Ace ran against it. He was coming up another clearing, but this time there seemed to be tables and the sun was setting.

Ace started to slow down and look around the clearing. There was about 7 to 8 large tables filled with just food, and plenty of people, which he recognized most to be the Whitebeard pirates, the others he didn't know. Besides the strawhats, which meant....if the strawhats were here then...."LUFFY!?" Ace burst.

Almost everyone shook their heads. "Of course..."

Not even noticing the people, Ace looked over to see Sabo hugging his little brother, the brightest smile you could imagine just under luffys, grew across Ace's face. He jumped his little brother, also latching onto Sabo giving them both a BIG hug.

After several minutes they both let up and let go of Luffy, who just smiled and jumped up spreading his arms just as much as his smile. "MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU!!"

Ace smiled and walked up to his cute little brother ruffling his hair. He gave a warm laugh and told him simply and bluntly "That's wrong."

Luffy's smile faded slowly into horror. Ace felt guilty, but tried with all his will not to give into his brother, knowing full well he'll get over it soon. For he was an elder brother, it was his job to take charge not give into his......."AWWWWW, IM SOWWYY"

Sabo was already holding onto Luffy glaring at Ace. "HE TRIED HIS BEST, LEAVE HIM ALONE!!"

Those words felt like arrows piercing his heart. Ace started to form the words to try and apologize, but Sabo had already picked Luffy up like a pretty princes and sprinted away.

Moments passed of Ace chasing Sabo with Luffy joining in on the chasing and running later. Without realizing, their yelling had turned to laughter and smiles as the sun continued to set in the background over the horizon glowing through the trees and bringing back that peaceful and happy feeling.

When the sun had finally set, Sabo had taken out the fireworks he used to shoot Ace with earlier and set them up. "Hey Ace! Come light these up!"

Ace had gone over and one by one started lighting each up as each and every person sat down to watch. The fireworks with extra long string were pulled towards Ace so he could sit down with his brothers and watch as the sky lit up.

It was only moments, but to the three brothers, it felt like an eternity. The dark night sky lighting up brought back fond memories of the past, when everything was right and they had no worries.

Luffy had slowly drifted off to sleep in Ace and Sabo's laps. And the both of them gently pat Luffys head as they closed their eyes to listen to their surroundings. Slowly falling back to lay on the soft grass falling asleep themselves. Small but happy tears rolling down each of their faces.

They missed this.

Have a happy 4th of July to those of you who celebrate <3
I kinda wrote this in small chunks throughout the day, so I bet the writing will be weird but right now I've got to get back to my family
Good day to you all ;)