Chapter 15

I woke up a few hours later and we stopped at a small diner. We sit in a small corner booth away from the three other people there.

A petite woman bounces over to us. She looks to be around 40 with jet black hair and perfect white teeth. "Good morning what can I get you ladies today?"

I look down at my menu."I'll have the biscuits and gravy plate with pancakes, hash browns and bacon on the side." I don't feel at all embarrassed for ordering that much food. I am pregnant for goodness sake I am allowed to eat as much as I want.

She turns to Alex.

"I'll have the same thing except with scrambled eggs not pancakes."

The waitress scribbles it all down before smiling and walking back to the kitchen.

"She probably thinks we're insane." Alex grumbles.

I shrug. " I have a good excuse."

She smiles. "I still cannot believe it. I'm going to be an aunt." She places a hand over her heart. "We will be able to dress her up in cute little outfits and give her little bow ties and-"

I cut her off, laughing. "And how do you know it is going to be a girl?"

"Well, it just has to be." She says.

I laugh.

The waitress comes over with our food at that time and my stomach growls just looking at it and it smells heavenly.

"Hope this is enough to feed both of you and the little one." She says after placing all the food in front of us.

Both our mouthes fall open.

"H-How do you know?" I ask. Unease fills my stomach. What if she knows Brad? But worse what if she knows him.

She gives me a kind, motherly smile. "I can smell it honey. A very powerful scent too. Let me guess, Alpha?"

My eyes widen and I glance over to see Alex with the same expression on her face.

"Um yeah." I almost smacked myself for saying that. She could be a serial killer for all I know.

Alex sent me a look.

"Well enjoy the food!" The waitress says.

"We will, thank you." Alex says.

Once the woman walks away and out of human earshot Alex sends me a glare. "You didn't have to look at her like that." She whisper yells.

I throw my hands up. "She could be a serial killer for all we know. I thought we weren't in wolf territory."

She shakes her head with a slight smile on her face. "You are something else Kat."

I sigh and don't waste anymore time digging into my food.

I don't think we have ever ordered this much food and successfully ate all of it.

Alex slips the last bite of bacon into her mouth and groans.

"I am so full." She moans.

"Better than being hungry." I say. My stomach now feels like it is whole  which makes me happy. Food makes me happy.

She nods. "So, where are we going next?"

I shrug. "I have no idea. I think we should figure out which territory we are in though."

Alex nods. "We can ask the waitress."

"Ask me what?" The woman walks over to us with a soft smile on her face.

"Um," I glance at Alex and she nods. "Could you tell us what territory we are in right now?"

"We are in Shallow Light territory. Led by Alpha Thomas." She says.

I blow out a breath of relief. I don't know what I would have done if she said his name. Probably would have run straight out the building.

"Okay, thank you." Alex says, covering for me. The woman smiles at us and lays the bill on our table.

"Just walk on up to the front when you are ready." She says and gives us another smile.

The lady is too happy.

"So, I should tell you everything I packed." She pulls out two twenties from her wallet.

I on the other hand don't have anything on me considering I've been in jail and then the medical center.

"I brought you most of your clothes and other stuff I thought you would want me to bring. I also got you the stash from your parents and brother." She whispers the last part. I know exactly what she's talking about

It's the money we hid a while ago as a just in case thing. I guess this is appropriate for that.

"Thank you." I say. My chest tightens and I look out the window. I wouldn't be in this mess if it weren't for my parents leaving me. And my brother.

I sigh. "We should get going."

Alex nods and we go pay at the checkout before heading to the car.

We slide in and Alex reaches in the back seats, which are piled high with our stuff, and pulls out my purse. She sets it on my lap before pulling out on to the road.

"I didn't look at any of it, didn't think it was my place." She says. I rummage through my bag and pull out the three envelopes with the money.

I start on Trey's envelope first.

$50

$150

......

$500

$700

......

$2700

My eyes widen as I keep counting. I never knew my brother was into saving his money.

I finish counting all the envelopes. My brain hurts, not from just counting, but from knowing how much money I have sitting in my lap right now.

"Holy shit." I mutter. What am I supposed to do with it? I can't put it in the bank otherwise Brad could track it. I obviously couldn't keep it under my mattress because that does not work.

I've tried it before.

Alex looks over at me. "What? Did you count it?"

I nod. "Guess how much." Pain laces my voice. I shouldn't feel terrible for all the money we now have. It will be helpful but for some reason I just couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that this was my family.

They touched it and counted it and saved it. I don't want to give it away.

Weird but simple.

This was part of my parents. I won't get much more than this.

"$2,000." Alex guesses.

I almost laugh. You would think that it would only be that much, hope it would only be that much.

"11,300."

-

That is a whole lot of cash right there.

So THANK YOU for almost 600 views!!!!

I also want to say thanks to everyone who has voted for my story. It means a lot :)

~KB