Chapter 8

Pic: AlphaBrad

——————————————-

Waves of pain crash through my body. I pick out the worst places being me head and left leg.

I feel liquid running down my face but don't dare move to touch it. My heart speeds up and I slowly look over to the drivers seat.

Gage is still in his seat and trying to get the door open. I watch as he uses his alpha strength to kick the door open and pull himself from the car.

I lose sight of him but hear grunting and groaning and assume he's fighting Brad and probably others.

I lay there for a few more minutes and just take deep breaths through the bliding pain in my head. I probably have a concussion or something.

I hear something crash in the distance and then someone yell no. My heart skyrockets as someone yanks my door open and roughly pulls me out of the car.

I hold back a scream and swing my arms out and feel my fist make contact with skin.

The person throws me to the ground and stands over me. I look up and see Brad standing there, face red.

"Where's Gage?" I ask. I squint my eyes against the brightness of the sun.

Alpha laughs smugly and I look around frantically for him which is pretty hard since I'm on the ground. I find him on his knees with Drew and Tom, the beta and third, on both sides of him. Both of their faces are bloody, and pride went through me knowing my mate did that to them.

Anger flows through me, too, after I realize that Brad pretty much caused this whole thing. No- he did cause the whole thing.

"What the hell, Brad?" I say through clenched teeth.

His face is right in front of mine in a second. "Alpha. I'm Alpha, not Brad."

I raise my eyebrows. "After what you just pulled? I don't think so."

He grabs my shirt with his fists and pulls me up. I whimper once he let's go and I'm left to stand on my own.

His gaze becomes distant and I take the time to try and look at Gage. I lean to the side to see around Brad but he hits my shoulder to make me stand up straight again.

I hear Gage growl and Brad smirks.

"Don't like that Gage?" He turns around so we are facing the other men and I watch as Brad runs his finger down my arm. Gage growls again. "Too bad."

Brad's expression changes to pure rage as he grabs my arm and pulls me toward a car that is parked behind the truck.

I desperately try and look back at Gage but Brad is pulling me in the opposite direction.

"Let me go, you bastard!" I try to get my arm out of his grasp but that only makes him tighten his hold and I cry out. That will defiantly leave bruises.

"Why, would I let you go? I need you." He sneers like he would rather need anyone but me. I am totally shocked because, I've known him for years and we have always gotten along.

Fear suddenly creeps through me once I think about what exactly he needs me for. I call out for Gage but I get no reply. I try even harder to get Brad's greasy paws off me but his grip is like iron.

We stop right in front of the not wrecked car behind the truck and he turns us around to look at the others.

Gage is just kneeling there watching the scene play out with a sad and pained expression on his face.

"Gage?" I call out desperately.

"Looks like that so called mate of yours doesn't love you." He laughs. "You gonna pull anymore shit or can I just take her?" Brad yells over to them.

Gage just sits there but I swear I hear his breathing deepen.

I plead with me eyes for him to do something, anything, but he just stays where he is. I feel a pit grow in my chest that screams rejection but I refuse to believe that my mate is leaving me. After all this, he is just going to leave me in the hands of a psychopath?

"What the hell, Gage?!" I yell, "You're just gonna sit there and watch him take me?" He avoids my gaze. I stand there waiting patiently for him to look back at me but he never does. Anger and sadness pulse through me at the same time which is never good.

"Got any last words?" Brad asks and I can hear the smile in his voice.

With all the confidence in the world, I look straight at Gage and he finally looks right back at me and I say, "Go to Hell." I see him narrow his eyes at me like he wants to say worse to me but he keeps his pretty mouth closed.

With that, Brad swings us around with a laugh and shoves me in the car. I watch with angry eyes and Brad yells orders to Tom and Drew before getting in the driver's seat.

He starts to drive and I lean my head back against the seat.

The further we drive, the bigger the pit in my chest gets, and the more pain flows through me.

"How does rejection feel, Katherine?" Brad asks and all I want to do is hurt him. I don't care what I have to do, or use, but all I want to do in that moment is beat the living shit out of him. Even though he is my alpha and is supposed to care about me and I for him, I just want to take out all my rage on him. Because of him, me and my mate are no longer together.

Because of him, I hate my mate and he probably hates me.

Because of him, I hurt all freaking over.

Because of him, I don't have anyone anymore.

Because of him, my heart feels like it's shattered into a million pieces.

Or maybe that's because of Gage, my so called mate.

~

Sad chapter.

Vote

Comment

Thanks for all the views and votes!!