Chapter 2

"I'm home!" I yell as I walk in the door. An eery silence answered me and a pit grew in my stomach.

I held my hand out to Alex, signaling her to stop. She immediately stopped and looked around the small space that was my home.

I smelled the air and she followed suit. Our were senses made it possible for us to smell the presence of an unwanted guest.

Alex looked at me with wide eyes and whispered, "Rogues."

I took a step forward and she grabbed my wrist, knowing exactly what I wanted to do.

"Are you insane?!?" She whisper-yelled. "If they catch us we will be eaten alive! I have a plan to live at least two more years."

I gave her a weird glance because she should plan on living a while lot more than two years but whatever.

"I need to go get, Trey. You get help!" I said and pulled away from her grasp.

Her eyes widened in panic, "Hell no! You get eaten while I live? How is that fair?"

I pinched the bridge of my nose and took a deep breath. "I have to go get my big brother, Alex. He's all I have left." I pleaded with my eyes.

She stared at me for a moment before giving in and running to the pack house.

I focused back on my goal at hand, and walked over to the stairs leading to the bedrooms.

I tiptoed passed the first door which was the bathroom and as I got closer to my bedroom, I could smell a strong metallic smell.

I covered my nose and mouth before running to check my room. My heart beat at a thousand miles per second and I thought I could pass out right then and there. Nothing was out of place that I could tell except for one thing.

That one thing had my palms turn sweaty and my fingers grasped the dagger strapped at my waist.

My closet door was cracked open the tiniest bit but it still made the biggest difference in the entire world. I never, ever leave my closet door open. It was just a weird pet peeve of mine. Every time I leave my room, I close the closet door. No matter what. Don't ask me why.

I held my dagger up, ready for action and I thought of all the worst case scenarios of what could be in my closet.

None of those scenarios contained little monsters from Monster's Inc. By the way.

I heard feet pounding on the stairs but I didn't dare take my eyes off the door.

The strong scent that hit me told me that the Alpha and Beta were behind me and some other soldiers.

"Katherine." Alpha's warning tone came from behind me and most wolves would be standing behind him in seconds, but not me.

I took the rest of the steps to the door. I took a breath before using my dagger to push the door open.

Nothing could prepare me for what I saw laying on the ground.

I heard a chorus of gasps behind me but the only thing I could do was stare at the bloodied heap in front of me.

That bloodied mess was my brother.

~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Woah, that was intense.

What do you think?

Vote
Comment
Share

~KB