Chapter 16 - Bag of chips

-Two months later-

It had been two months since I last talked to Eddie. Looking back at it, it only seemed like yesterday. Seeing him at school was the worst. But luckily for me, we were approaching winter break. So I had no reason to bump in to him during the halls, or make awkward eye contact during lunch. Maybe now I could move on.

The days seemed to blend together, I was stuck in the same routine... Getting ready for school, seeing Eddie. Passing through classes, hearing mumbles from the girls from the cheer squad. Lunch time, seeing Eddie and then finishing off my day by walking home.

The gossip around the school had finally died down. The break up was hot news for about a week, but once people realized I wasn't going to give in to their dumb high school pettiness, they seemed uninterested in me again... the exact same way it used to be before I had ever took that stupid dare.

*Flash back*

It had been about a week since Eddie ended things with me, I had barely broken the news to Chrissy since she couldn't stop asking about it.

"What?" She asked.
"Yeah- Maybe because of what you fucking did!" I shouted.

"What did I do?" She asked confused.
"You and your stupid fucking friend Jamie-Who you told me was a bitch! Locked him in a room and played it out like he was cheating on me!" I screamed out.

"It was just a fucking prank relax!" She argued back.

"Dad!" I screamed. Chrissy's expression dropped. A state of panic washed over her face.
"What's wrong?" He asked running in to the room.

"Chrissy does drugs." I said.
"What?" She screamed.

"She's bought drugs and uses them, she hides it from Jason and everyone else."
"You stupid fucking bitch!" She cried out latching on to my hair.

Our bodies fell to the floor, I wasn't in the mood for fighting. So I tried my hardest just to push her off of me."
-
-
The next day at school was rough, I had no one to sit next to at lunch. Chrissy had stayed home from school out of embarrassment. I grabbed my lunch tray and made my way through crowds of students.

I looked up at the sound of Eddie's laugh spreading through the room. He was greeting members from hellfire club the way he usually did.

A warm feeling spread through my chest at the sight of his smile, his hand was pointed out towards them. A wide smile was smeared on his face, from an outside perspective he seemed happy, but from mine... he seemed happier.

It wasn't until our eyes met that his smile dropped, causing a pain to pierce through my heart

It wasn't until our eyes met that his smile dropped, causing a pain to pierce through my heart. I stood there for a moment, frozen in time. I watched Eddie sit back down and continue his conversation with his table. I had a feeling they were talking about me, since I saw their heads resist the urge to turn around and look at me.