Chapter 11 - Friends?

2.3k words
- Tuesday at lunchtime-
-
-
"You're Alex right?"
"Yeah..." I mumbled turning around.
"My names Jamie." She smiled extending her hand out. I looked down at her hand, and then back up at her. Her smile made my skin crawl. Why was she talking to me?

"Ok." I scoffed closing my locker.
"I just hope you're not upset that Eddie and I are friends.." She said following me down the hallway. I looked at her with disgust when she accidentally bumped in to my shoulder.
Friends?
"Friends?" I asked.

"Yeah...oh he didn't tell you?" She seemed worried. "I guess it's because we dated before, you know ex girlfriend, new girlfriend. Doesn't really mix well. To make things worst I was the first girl he ever loved. Well I was his first everything kinda...But-"
"Where are you going with this?" I interrupted throwing my hands to the side. She stumbled against her feet.

"I just hope there's no awkwardness. I've heard a lot about you, and I just wanted us to be friends." She tried reaching out for my hand, I pulled away from her. I stood there in front of her, trying to figure out what she truly meant by this.
Friends? I asked myself again.

"See you later!" She shouted. "Tell Eddie I said hi!"

I walked towards the cafeteria with a lot on my mind. I knew how girls like her acted. I've seen how evil Chrissy could be. I tried to suppress my feelings. I walked in to the cafeteria and saw Eddie sitting with the rest of hell fire. When our eyes met, he stood up waving me down towards the table. The rest of the group waved to me as well.

I weaved through students, but I couldn't help but think about what Jamie said.
I was the first girl he ever loved.
I was his first everything.
Tell Eddie I said hi!

Her voice pierced through my ears. I sat down on the table, I felt Eddie's eyes stay on me.
"Hey" he whispered in my hair.
"Hi." I mumbled back.

"What's wrong?" His hand grazed up my thigh, finally causing me to look in to his eyes.
"Nothing, I'm just tired." I lied.
Friends.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.
"It's fine."

"Want a fry?" He asked, his dimples pierced the side of his cheeks, causing me to snap out of my attitude. My fingertips grazed against his. Biting into the fry a playful wink fell from his eye.

His lips pressed against the side of my face, just for a moment. I sat there the rest of lunch listening to Hellfire come up with plans for their next club meetings.

"Why don't you come Alex?" Dustin asked.
"I-I don't know." I laughed out of nervous. "I don't know how to play."

"You don't have to play." Eddie said with reassurance.
"If she doesn't play what's the point of her going?" Mike scoffed.

My eyes shot towards Eddie. His expression dropped, within a second a fry flew towards Mike's face.

 His expression dropped, within a second a fry flew towards Mike's face