"I-I'm s-sorry," Jeno went to say but was soon crying into Mark's shoulder again clinging onto the back of his shirt for dear life.

"Hey, hey it's ok," Mark shushed him, one of his hands coming up to stroke the back of his head. "Calm down, breathe."

"It's not ok," Jeno shook his head roughly. "I didn't mean to hurt him..."

"Tell me what's going on Jen," Mark held his brother closer and stroked up and down his back. "Why did you say all of that stuff?"

"I didn't mean any of it," Jeno started slowly, refusing to let go of Mark's shirt. "I've just been so upset lately and I took it out on him and i just- I hurt him. He just had his back surgery over the summer and I hurt him!"

Jeno shoulders began to shake violently again but Mark kept him grounded.

"Jeno," Mark began but he heard his brother whine at his own name.

"Please not Jeno, a-anything but stupid J-Jeno," Jeno's hand was shaking against his back.

"What do you want then? Jen, samoyed, birthday boyyy," Mark said drawing a giggle out of Jeno.

Jeno started to calm down and Mark took that as his chance to pull away a little bit. Despite the protesting, he held Jeno away from him by his shoulders to look at his face.

"Let's take it piece by piece, yeah?" Mark raised his brows as Jeno looked away. "Why have you been upset lately?"

"Nobody cares anymore," Jeno pulled his knees up to his chest. "You say that you do but I know that you don't. Ever since Jaehyun left-"

Jeno closed his eyes and took a deep breath before trying to continue.

Mark frowned heavily but didn't interupt.

"Since he left it's like everyone is too concerned with other things to care anymore," Jeno clutched onto Mark's hand. "Taeyong is busy at work and at home. Yuta and Johnny are always off working on something. Ten is always at the dance studio and you-"

Jeno's voice cracked as he pulled Mark's hand closer. He laid his forehead on the back of Mark's hand.

"You stopped caring the day Jaehyun left," Jeno whispered as tears started flowing down his face again.

"Jen, that's not-" Mark tried to intervene but Jeno shook his head against his hand.

"It is!" Jeno's voice cracked. "You don't care anymore. You are always busy doing something and when you do have free time you never want to spend any of it with me. I always ask if you want to do something and you always turn me down."

Mark felt a piece of his heart break off.

"You haven't been to one of my basketball games in 2 years," Jeno slid Mark's hand down so it was covering his eyes. "We used to go the movies every month. You used to help me with my homework because of my dyslexia but now I'm practically failing no matter how much I ask for your help."

Another piece broke.

"When Jaehyun left I went to the one person who would understand and you shut your door in my face," Jeno's hands began to shake. "I had to go through a sexuality crisis by myself because everytime I went to talk to you, you said you were tired and closed your door. Do you know this is the first time you've hugged me since before he left?"

Mark felt another huge piece break off.

"I'm s-sorry," Jeno began to cry again. "I j-just m-miss my big brother."

His heart shattered into a million pieces.

"Jeno," Mark felt tears in his own eyes as Jeno sobbed.

Mark pulled Jeno towards him so they both fell back on the sand.