Coming Out

Eventually Wingdings was shown to his room as it grew late into the evening. The Skeleton could stay up for days, but Grillby insisted that if he was going to be staying at his house, Wingdings would be getting some proper rest. A small price to pay for Grillby's wellbeing. Wingdings changed into his sleepwear before settling into his bed. He started to drift off when he noticed light shine from the doorway. "It's your house, come in if you want." Wingdings turned to look at Grillby, who did, in fact, let himself in. "Need something?" Wingdings signed, trying to hide how tired he felt now that he was almost asleep. Grillby said nothing, only approaching his bed. When Grillby sat down, he signed three words that made Wingdings feel unbelievably happy. "I love you." As if not in control of himself, Wingdings sat up, passionately kissing Grillby. He found himself topping the Fire Elemental, unbuttoning his pajama shirt while Grillby did the same. Before it could go any further though, Wingdings gasped awake, a purple blush overtaking his face. "I-I cannot, I must not..." But he wanted to. Wingdings sighed heavily, burying his skull into his pillows.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Grillby stared at the gifts Wingdings had given him, whether they be for him to face fears or not, he found the thought endearing. Wingdings cared for him, that much was obvious but did Wingdings care for him the way he cared for Wingdings? He desperately wanted to ask, but if that was a no, would Wingdings hate him for being gay? He desperately wanted Wingdings to keep liking him, to love him, but he was stuck here, in the friendzone. Too afraid to move forward and even more scared to move back. "You want to try one of them out?" Grillby whipped around to see Wingdings in that lab coat he'd gotten him. Not once, except when they were preparing for bed and Wingdings took it off to wash it, had he ever not seen it hugging Wingdings lithe frame. It gave him hope. "Ah, not yet... however, I am grateful that you care so much." Wingdings gave him a small smile. "Of course. You are my friend..." Grillby chuckled sadly. "Right..." Wingdings went to the stove. "Show me how to make something?" If only Wingdings could hear the yearning in Grillby's voice. "Sure, Wingdings."

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Soon they were enjoying a meal that they made together. They were both quiet, thinking. Wingdings was trying to come to terms with his feelings towards Grillby. Grillby was thinking about just coming out to Wingdings and hoping for the best. "Wingdings-"
"Grillby-" They both paused and laughed. "Y-you go first, my friend." Wingdings gestured to Grillby. "No, it's fine. You first Dings." He rolled his eyelights. "That stupid nickname again?" Grillby puffed out another laugh. "I... I think it's cute..." Grillby signed, as his flames turned pink. Wingdings looked at Grillby in surprise. "... y-you're the cute one, Grillby." Wingdings stammered. It was Grillby's turn to be surprised. "I-I... what?" Wingdings looked away. "N-nothing, it's nothing..." He signed, having lost his confidence on the matter. "No! Say it again! Please..." Wingdings glanced back at Grillby. "Y-you are the cute one..." Grillby smiled excitedly. "You have no idea how long I have been wanting to hear that!" He pressed his firey lips to Wingdings teeth in a passionate kiss. Wingdings didn't hesitate to kiss back. It was so right. He knew it was wrong, but it felt so right. "Grillby... what does this make us...?"

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Kazar growled as he pressed closer to the stove. Wingdings didn't come home with his research. He didn't come home at all. It annoyed him to no end. He needed to find Wingdings and make sure he was ok... that he wasn't being distracted by that foolish Fire Elemental. Kazar wrapped himself up in blankets before making his way out into the snow. The first place he checked was Wingdings lab. The research was there, but Wingdings wasn't there. Kazar decided to take it for safe keeping. "No where's the boy?" He muttered to himself as he stepped back out into the snow. Unlike Wingdings, Kazar didn't know where Grillby lived. He never bothered to pay attention. He didn't mind peeking into others lives though. Not if it meant finding Wingdings. So he did, house after house he found out who was living where, stalking like a predator. He found Wingdings soon enough, with Grillby. "Courting, I assume." Grillby signed. Wingdings kissed Grillby. "I like that. Now that I can actually admit it." Wingdings signed back. Kazar hissed, feeling betrayed.