Scientific Leader

When Grillby wasn't working, he was allowed in Wingdings  lab to watch and/or assist him while he worked. Grillby and Wingdings enjoyed their time together, as much as the latter hated to admit it. Grillby was a fast learner, professional for their age, and not annoying. "What brought you here, Grillby? What goal drives you?" Grillby's soul was out so Wingdings could watch its reaction to different questions. At this particular question, Grillby's soul dimmed to a point where Wingdings could hardly call it glowing anymore. "I ran from an abusive home I was looking for a place I could live my own life." Just live a lightbulb, his soul suddenly illuminated, almost blindingly. "I want to own a simple little establishment where I can make others happy if they are suffering!" Wingdings blinked up at Grillby. "Like someone has done for you?" Wingdings guessed, and from the look on Grillby's face and the way his soul flickered, he could assume he guessed correctly. "The way you spoke of it suggested as much." Grillby shook his head, his soul glowing brighter yet. "That's truly amazing how you do that, Dr. Gaster." Wingdings merely shrugged.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Grillby managed to pull Wingdings out of his lab despite his protests. "We have been inside for three days!! Why don't we study something out here or something?" Grillby suggested. Wingdings stopped his complaints as he paused. Then Grillby found himself being dragged to the woods. "Dr. Gaster-" The Fire Monster gasped in surprise. "I've been wanting to see if animals have souls, this is our chance Grillby!!" Grillby's flames started to turn pink at Wingdings excited expression. It was always so cute. Not that he would EVER say that outloud. He highly doubted the doctor would appreciate it. "Alright then... let's look at animal souls." Grillby agreed despite knowing he was going to be doing it either way. He was curious himself. What made humans and monsters smarter? Was it their soul, or another function? He supposed that was one of Wingdings many questions. "How do you plan on capturing these animals?" Grillby asked. "I have all sorts of traps set in these woods, if we've caught anything, we can examine it!" Wingdings replied. "I see." They slowed as they approached the first of Wingdings traps. "A rabbit, the perfect specimen to begin with-"
"Do not go crazy on me-"

⚜️⚜️⚜️

They'd examined many rabbits, squirrels, weasel, and even a fox. They certainly did have souls, though there was no heart shape. Their souls were like spheres, colored with basic browns, greys, and other such dull colors. Wingdings was getting bored of this experiment at this point. The answer was obvious. There was, however, another question that plagued him. "Grillby."
"Hm?" The Fire Elemental looked at Wingdings. "Why do you call me doctor rather than Wingdings?" Grillby tilted his head. "I figured you would appreciate it more." That made sense. "We are friends, no? I would appreciate you calling me by my name. Please." Grillby took a moment to process what Wingdings was saying. He was honestly honored that Wingdings thought of him as his actual friend. "Very well, Wingdings." The scientist smiled at his friend. "I am bored of this. Shall we head back and see what you can cook up?" Grillby crackled pleasantly, already enjoying this topic change. "I am glad you feel that way, I believe I have perfected a delicious recipe I would like you to try!"
"Already sounds tempting." Wingdings agreed immediately. He loved being around Grillby, it was always so... pleasant.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Grillby and Wingdings enjoyed what the former had cooked up. Kazar was happy they were getting along well, but sometimes he worried that they got along too well. It wasn't that he was lonely. Wingdings had always kept to himself for great periods of time. But whenever they talked it was always about Grillby rather than the research he used to share with Kazar when he would come home. The tiger stayed patient with Wingdings, Grillby was merely a phase. His first friend, of course he'd be excited about it, but Kazar wasn't the most social animal. Wingdings, he thought he'd raised to be the same. Perhaps the rumors about Skeletons being unsociable was false? He was fairly certain that the research on the species was factual... the Tiger sighed. He was happy when Wingdings showed interest in science. Facts were the only thing one could trust in life. He was afraid the Elemental, Grillby, was turning Wingdings down a false path.