10.0

both boys lay unconscious on the cold basement floor. the grabber seemed to be laying down dead with a bigger than average rock laying beside him. he seemed to have fell on the ground because of it. he hit the ground pretty hard since there was blood all around the floor by his head.
maybe bruce yamada picked up a rock as he was being kidnapped, and later saw a chance to show the gallesburg grabber his fastball.
     but clearly albert — the grabber — did something to them before bruce un-alived him, because they were badly bruised and unconscious on the floor.

     vance woke up to the sounds of tears and someone squeezing his hand very tightly. he squinted his eyes at the blinding lights that he wasn't used to seeing.
     'vance!' bruce smiled. vance just chuckled and smirked.
     'bruce,' vance tries sitting up but can get the muscle into doing so.
     'you're gonna be weak, you've been in a coma for 1 month.'
     'oh?' vance tried to remember what happened just before he got in a coma. 'mom? victoria..'
'yes dear?' carolyn sniffled as she smiled at vance. victoria just looked down at vance and smiled. this time instead of vance's anger issues getting over him he smiled back. he smiled. at the yamada's. at his mom. at bruce especially. and at victoria.
'let's all go out to get some waffles,' when you get out of the hospital,' bruce suggests. 'so tomorrow! we'll go and eat some waffles and drink milkshakes.'

vance got out of the hospital the next day, and went to ihop for some waffles and milkshakes.
vance and bruce sat at a booth while their parents sat up at the counter stools.
'these milkshakes are the best,' bruce makes the ok symbol with his hands and kissed the two fingers making an 'o'. vance chuckles and looks over at the area their parents were sitting by. he quickly looked down at the table and stared directly at the red marble table top. 'what are you doing vance—'
'vance! omg hey! i haven't see you in like forever and— who's that?' the blond haired girl with boldly applied makeup snarled her lips and looked bruce up and down.
'hi, i'm br—' bruce tried to introduce himself.
'ugh, yeah whatever. like anyway, i hear you went in a coma?' vance nodded. 'like, i felt so bad. omg wait.. you two are sharing a milkshake? what are you like dating?' she snorted at the idea.
'actually yeah.. we are,' vance said quietly.
'oh! uhm well.. hey! what's you're name again?'
'it's bru—' he tried to say his name once more,
'ok bruno, come with me for a sec,'
'it's bruce,' he finally got to say.
'yeah whatever, just come.' she rolled her eyes and started walking. bruce looked at vance who just shrugged. 'hurry up!' she yelled making bruce scurry behind her.
'what did you need?' he asked.
'stay away from vance. i've liked him since forever, and i can't have him date.. y'know.. a freak like you, it might ruin his reputation.' she did that annoying snarl with her lips and looked at her purple and blue nails. 'oh and, he's honestly probably just dating you as a joke. like who honestly would ever like you?'
—..
word count; 542
haven't wrote in forever :,)