5.0

'look i can explain!'

     the female figure lowered here hands from her checks and slowly closed her mouth.
     bruce got up and ran to the little girl in the doorway. he whispered 'if you promise not to tell anyone, i'll buy you a curlywurly chocolate bar from walmart' he sounded desperate. but fortunately amy — bruce's little sister — linked her pinky into his.
     bruce sighed in relief and went back to vance.
     'sorry 'bout that,' bruce apologized. he looked at vance's lips and vance looked at his. they slowly leaned in to kiss each other, but before they could they heard some footsteps going up the stairs.
     'amy, what do you want? play with your toys and remember, do. not. tell mom and dad about me and vance kissing,' bruce assumed.
     'dipshit, it's not amy, it's your dad,' vance whisper-shouted. bruce quickly turned his head to see his dad staring at him with his eyebrows lowered.
'dad! hey... i was just joking i—'
'come downstairs right now, we need to talk,' bruce's father walked away with no explanation since he was sure they could figure it out themselves.
     'dad look, i was kidding,' bruce nervously laughed as he followed mr. yamada into the living room.
     'i found out these two boys kissed,' he announced to camilla — bruce's mom.
     mrs. yamada looked at them and sighed disapprovingly.
     'does he make you happy?' she asked.
     'yes mom,' bruce muttered as he grabbed vance's hand.
     'then i don't see a problem,' bruce's mom smiled at the boys who were shocked by her reply.
     'the problem is they're both gay! they're lives are hard enough already, i don't need them getting in anymore trouble,' mr. yamada fought back.
     'and by more trouble you mean vance?' she said back.
     'of course i mean vance! he fights with people until they bleed, he skips classes, and he smokes!' bruce's father knew all about this because bruce told him about it — not negatively, but positively. vance clenched his fist and lowered his eyebrows.
     'you two, go to your room. i need to talk to him,' she said pointing right at george. they made their way to bruce's room where they could hear camilla and george yelling at one another.
'look vance, i'm sorry about that, i never expected for things to turn out like—' bruce was about to finish his sentence but before he could, vance pulled him in for a kiss. vance has both his hands on bruce's smooth pale brown cheeks. this made the caterpillar's in bruce's stomach grown up into butterflies.
     'you're one of the most handsome boys i've ever met,' vance complimented bruce.
     'so their's more?' bruce joked around.
     'ok, ok. the only really handsome boy i've ever set my eyes on,' vance corrected his sentence. bruce looked at vance and side smiled.
     'ok dipshit stop looking at me now, it's freaking me out,' vance said suddenly. which just made bruce chuckle.

    'hey, wanna go to the arcade?' vance asked. 'i heard they added a new game game called pong,' he continued.
     'what's the game about?' bruce asked him.
     'ping pong dumbass why else would it be called pong.'
     'i didn't expect you to be into games like that,' bruce told vance.
     'what does that mean?' vance looked right at bruce.
     'nothing, nothing,' bruce replied. 'let's get going then?'
     'yeah, let's get going you slow ass slug,' bruce just rolled his eyes at vance and tied his shoe laces. 'can you tie them any slower?' vance complained with his head looking up and his foot tapping the ground.
     'shut up,' bruce said annoyingly.
     'wow feisty, huh?' bruce shot a glare at vance.
     'finished,' bruce hopped up from the bed.
     'finally.'

'i'm kind of bored of the arcade.. wanna go to pup 'n' taco?' vance asked bruce.
'sure why not?' bruce shrugged while saying these words. 'i don't want to go back home to that mess anytime soon,' bruce mused. vance just nodded in agreement as they rode their bikes to pup 'n' taco.

'table for two?' the waiter asked.
'yeah,' bruce assured him.
'alright, follow me,' he lead the two to a booth. after they sat down the waiter told them his name — louis, which was french.
bruce ordered a chicken taco and vance ordered a ground beef taco.

'here you are,' the waiter placed down a platter with the taco's they ordered on it. and he walked away to serve another table.
'eeh..' vance gagged.
'what's wrong?' bruce asked biting into his hard shell taco and covering his mouth while he chewed.
'my taco has olives in it,' vance complained. bruce dabbed his mouth with a napkin to get all of the sauce on his face off.
'what's wrong with olives? i love them, they're great,' bruce stated.
'yeah if you're taste buds are broken,' vance whispered to himself, which made bruce glare at him.
'have you seen the paper today?' bruce asked changing the topic.
'yeah and it's all bullshit, no way some random dude would be kidnapping kids. although griffin does look pretty weak.'
'vance don't say that,' bruce slapped him on the arm.
'yeah, whatever,' vance said as he stood up. 'let's go pay now that we're finished,' he told bruce, and bruce did so. they went to go pay $2.78 for their meal.
     'we should get going, it's almost past—'
     'past our curfew, i know. you say it every time,' they peddled their bikes. by luck it started snowing, which wasn't very common — except maybe it wasn't such luck for them.
     'OH FOR FUCKS SAKE!' you could hear vance shout from the distance.
—..
word count; 935
i had to add the olive theory to this story. seriously, i had to.