9.0

vance quickly stood up and backed up to the wall. he grabbed on the black phone and aggressively broke the wire.
'now it really doesn't work, does it? hm?' he tried making a joke.
     'of course not dumb shit.' vance threw the phone straight to the grabbers face but missed by an inch.
     'now, this is really gonna hurt.'

     'no, we have a missing child! you just can't sit there and eat donuts because you are on break!' mrs. yamada shouted.
     'it's true, they've been missing for over a day and you haven't looked for them yet,' mrs. hopper stepped in.
     'look hun, there's nothing i can do about it,' the middle aged man put his feet on the desk.
     'now either you're gonna be a lazy pig and get fired, or your gonna look for these boys and look for them now!' victoria budged in. the police took offensive to victoria. he took his feet of his desk and picked up the phone.
     'yes, hello. i need you to work on the missing boys case. yes, thank you,' he hung up the phone. 'now if you'd excuse me, my break is over and i need to get back on phone duty,' he stood up and quickly rushed out of there.
     'we are so sorry,' mrs. yamada apologized to the two females in front of her.
     'it's not your fault,' caroyln hugged camilla as she cried into her hands. 'it's not anyones fault.'

     the policemen went to the gallesburg school to question a girl who had dreams that can be true — gwen — about these missing boys.
     'why? it was just a dream.' gwen replies to their previous question.
     'who else knows about the dream?'
     'nobody.'
     'we found two black balloons at the scene, gwen.'
     the room became silent until gwen broke it with 'oh.'
     'we also found one black balloon at griffin stagg's abduction,' one cop said.
     'and we never released those details,' the one on the right added.
     'so the question is, how did you hear about the balloons?'
     'i didn't.'

     finney fell asleep once he got back from school and woke up to the sound of screaming.
     'why were they at my work?' their father held a belt in one hand it raised it.
     'i don't know!' gwen was crying her eyes out. but soon enough she became angry with her father.
     'your dreams are just dreams gwen! say it!' her father kept yelling.
     'my dreams are just dreams!'
     'say it again!' he demanded.
     'my dreams are just dreams!'
     'say it again.'
     'my dreams, are just dreams!' she said angrily this time.
     'go watch tv..' her father finally gave in. 'and no ice on that bottom, i want you to think of what you've done!' he looked at the smashed alcohol on the ground. 'shit.' finney stared at his father in despise. his father didn't care until he had the reason to.

     days have passed since the bruce and vance went missing. the yamada's tried to slowly move on but mrs. yamada would cry everynight and mr. yamada didn't know how to comfort her.
     'daddy, why is mommy crying?' jasmine asked standing at their bedroom door walking towards them, making a screech on every brown wooden floorboard she stepped on.
     'there's just something in her eye.. hey why aren't you in bed?'
     'when is brother coming back?' she asked instead of replying to his question.
     'very soo—'
     'never. jasmine dear, you know that lovely place called heaven? he's gone their and he isn't coming back,' camilla explained.
     'never?' jasmine dropped the barely stuffed bunny plush she held by it's paw onto the floor. she stood their for a few seconds and ran back to her room without picking her plush again — this plush was named 'mr. bruce' after her only brother, he gave it to her on her 5th birthday, 05/23/83. on that day they all went to a baseball game, the same day bruce and vance hopper became friends. vance's parents divorced when he was 11, he quit baseball after the tragedy.

     'i'll do baseball for you!' bruce tried to cheer vance up.
     'you'd do that for me?' vance looked up at bruce from the bench they were sitting on.
'of course!' bruce smiles. 'i barely know anything about baseball, and i'll probably get hit by the ball multiple times before i get it right, but hey, if one of us faces horrible consequences we both do!' bruce chuckles.
'you promise?'
'i promise.'

the next morning mrs. hopper heard birds chirping and her sister in the living room. she put on her slippers and her robe as she walked into the living room.
'just in time for the morning news!' her sister said, she wore a nice pink chiffon t-shirt, and dark-wash bellbottom jeans.
'not only have they found the two teenagers, but also the man who kidnapped all these boys and seemingly killed them and buried them in the house across the street.'

word count; 831
hope you guys can handle a sort of sad ending :,)