6.0

'today's the big day bruce!' bruce's father announced. he was finally on the talking terms with bruce again after he said he supported them. 'we have 2 hours before your game, so you two can do whatever, but make sure to get ready 30 minutes before we need to go!'
     'dad we get it,' bruce complains. 'you've repeated the instructions 40 times.'
     'i'm just making sure,' mr. yamada let out a smile he's been holding for a while now.
     'ok, thanks dad!' bruce said as he scurried upstairs holding vance's hand, dragging him along. 'sorry about that.'
'nah it's ok,' vance looked at how their hands were still intertwined together.
'oh sorry!' bruce let go but vance grabbed his hand before he could move it away any further. 'uh—'
     'you're hand is just... just nice to hold dipshit,' vance quickly came up with and excuse that made bruce blush a little. he brushed his black bangs out of his brown eyes and smiled at vance.
     they looked at each others beady eyes until they were snapped back into reality. vance walked over to the bed and sat down. he looked down at his feet and then at bruce.
     'are you gonna sit down anytime soon?' vance asked.
     'right sorry,' bruce awkwardly walked over and sat beside vance. he rested his head on vance's shoulder and slowly closed his eyes. vance looked away from bruce's closet — which was built into his navy blue walls — and glanced at bruce.
     'don't tell me you're asleep yamada,' vance said unimpressed.

     bruce woke up laying down on someones thighs. he felt someone playing with his chin length hair. he slowly opened his eyes. he felt a little uncomfortable and his kneecap popped when he sat up straight.
     'bruce it's already 9:30,' vance tells bruce. 'you need to get ready.'
     'shoot right, ok!' bruce quickly jumps up from the bed.
     'well i'm going to get there early, cya 'round yamada.'
     bruce just nods and continue rummaging in a pile of clothes in his laundry basket looking for his uniform.

     'bruce! time to go now,' mrs. yamada shouted from the entrance to their home.
     'coming!' bruce ran down the stairs prepared for his game. 'where's vance?'
     'he left early,' bruce's father assured him.
     'right,' bruce remembered. 'let's go jasmine!' bruce said as held her small hand with slim fingers. her hair was black and were in pigtails. her eyes were a lighter brown compared to bruce's, and her nose was flat just like mrs. yamada's.
'ok, let's go then!'

'bruce i need you to be the batter,' bruce's coach — mr. kulten — relied on bruce. him against finney blake — he has light brown hair, brown eyes, pale thin lips, and he had the baseball which was thrown right at bruce. bruce was to distracted about vance not being their that he didn't notice the ball was coming until it was an inch away.
'yamada, what's up with you?' his coach yelped from the dugout.
another ball came flying right at him, he missed again. you could hear gwen blake and her friend cheering finney on. bruce noticed that someone caught finney's eye, donna peterson. she had her shoulder length brunette hair tucked behind her ears. her brown eyes glanced back at finneys, and her smile was just barely noticeable.
'woo finney!' gwen cheered him on, which snapped him back to reality. the ball once again went directly to bruce, except this time he hit it. over the fence. a home run.
'yeah bruce!' he heard his teammates cheer for him. he tipped his helmet while he ran by finney and smiled.

'good game.' each of the boys held out their hands so the other team could tap it while they walked by. bruce and finney were the last two there.
'your arm is mint,' bruce complimented finney. 'you almost had me,' bruce smiled as he pointed to finney with his thumb still up. finney just smiled, thanked him and walked away.

     'have you guys seen vance?' bruce asked his parents.
     'no we haven't, we thought he was with you,' bruce's mother stared at him blankly with her dirt brown eyes, her hair was light brown and hand brunette roots.
     'have you seen him at all?' bruce gulped.
     'not since he said he was going here,' bruce's father informed. 'maybe he's at home, we'll go check. you can stay here and look for him if you'd like.'
     'alright.'

     bruce looked every possible place vance could be. no where to be found. he finally decided to just quit for now, maybe he was already at his house. he peddled his bike and smiled at two girls walking by. when he saw the rocket finney blasted off, he gave a little smile too. but his happy mood quickly changed when he saw a black van turning in his direction. bruce was curious to see what was going on so he followed it to a house with the address '7741'.
—..
word count; 829
two chapters today because i haven't been writing often! ( also i apologize to the people who saw the spoiler on tiktok 💀 )