Chapter 89: Elara

Start from the beginning

"But that's not why you remind me of her. She had a transformation quirk, like you but kind of different." Her eyes lit up in excitement. She turned me to face her fully with my body and smiled widely. "Tell me all about it."

"Relax, hers wasn't that great like yours. She could change her face, as if it was dough. She couldn't change her body, but could cut her flesh off her face without bleeding and the wound would heal immediately flawlessly. You would always see her with different eye colors."

"Woah..." she let me go and tried to compose herself. "What did her parents say?"

"About her quirk?" Toga nodded. I did look into Toga's background, so it feels like I violated her in some kind of way. "Well, she mentioned them briefly sometimes and talked about them once. Her parents were always freaked out about her quirk, and when they divorced, none of them really wanted custody. Her mom got it anyways, as far as I know. But she never looked after her. And Chiyo never heard from her father after the divorce."

She always told me I should be thankful for the things she did for me, because her mother never did it for her. And that I had nothing else to choose from so I should show K.J. gratitude too.

Toga looked disappointed but said nor asked anything else.

I felt her before she tried to hug my waist. "Mavis!" Toga looked at the girl, then to me. "You are still not big enough huh?" She let me go long enough so I could turn around, then she hugged me again, grinning up at me as I ruffled her hair.

"I'm big enough to win against you in a fight!"

"You are?" I laughed slightly, raising my brows.

Emessa joined us with a tiny sigh. When we met eyes, she nodded towards the big balcony where Hawks always enters. I glance outside but see nothing special, just a couple chatting with each other.

I looked back down to Elara, pushing her slightly to have her at arms length. "You look beautiful in this dress, Elara." She smiled, taking the ends of the dress in her hands and twirling. "Thank you. I love this dress!" When she stopped twirling, she nearly lost her balance so my hands moved to help her.

Her nose started bleeding when she wanted to say something with s sheepish smile, and my eyes widened. Elara's smile dropped and she raised her hand slowly to touch the blood and look at it. I dropped to my knees and touched her forehead to look if she has a fever. "Toga, call for a doctor."

"I don't think we have one..." she looked around reluctantly. "It's just a nosebleed Mavis." She added and I looked up at her furiously.

"Mavis, I don't feel so good..." Next thing I know, Elara falls into my arms and Emessa runs to the balcony. Toga looks around panicked and runs up to the first person she sees. I stand up with Elara in my arms, running towards Hawks who just landed on the balcony with Eri in his arms.

My heart is beating fast and I could only focus on Hawks while everything else was blurred. He first had a big grin on his face and dropped off Eri, but when his eyes landed on the girl in my arms, he went serious.

"Get us to a doctor, now."

"Give her to me. I can't carry two people at the same time." He could, he always did. But I had no time to argue with him, so I gave him Elara. I'll just have to use my quirk to fly after him.