Husband and Wife

A year passes and Abigail finally adjusted to her new reality. After about 7 months post-op she got fitted for a prosthetic leg and she relearned how to walk. She got to return to the navy, but she swore she'd never get back inside of a plane, so she became an instructor for new Top Gun pilots. All of her work was done from the ground, where she felt safest.

     So maybe she wasn't fully back to her original self, she probably never will be. But she's happy with where she is now, surrounded by many new and exciting things.

      Like today, for example.

      Today Abigail and Jake had gotten married. Mr. and Mrs.Seresin.

    Rooster, unfortunately, was not Abigail's maid of honor, but he was Jake's best man. The two had formed a bond through their relationship  with Abigail.

      Tom Kazansky of course was not there to walk his daughter down the aisle, but Maverick had stepped up for that role. He had walked the beautiful bride down the aisle, giving her away to the handsome groom. Many tears and emotions were shed.

     Their first dance was to the song "Make You Feel My Love" by Adele, and every word touched their hearts, connecting to the song on a very close and personal level. Jake had been there every step of the way through Abigail's healing. And on his tough days she was there to offer a warm embrace and a shoulder to lay his head on.

When the rain is blowing in your face

And the whole world is on your case

I could offer you a warm embrace

To make you feel my love

When the evening shadows and the stars appear

And there is no one there to dry your tears

I could hold you for a million years

To make you feel my love

I know you haven't made your mind up yet

But I will never do you wrong

I've known it from the moment that we met

No doubt in my mind where you belong

I'd go hungry, I'd go black and blue

I'd go crawling down the avenue

No, there's nothing that I wouldn't do

To make you feel my love

The storms are raging on the rolling sea

And on the highway of regret

The winds of change are blowing wild and free

You ain't seen nothing like me yet

I could make you happy, make your dreams come true

Nothing that I wouldn't do

Go to the ends of the Earth for you

To make you feel my love

Lmk of you guys want a sequel. I've got some good ideas for Jake and Abby:) also, I'm not ready to end their story so I may end up writing it for myself anyway lol.

Update 10/8/22

    Wtf I didn't even see this until today⬇️⬇️⬇️