Chapter 15 - Fallout

Smoke covered everything after the explosion

Smoke covered everything after the explosion. I laid unconscious on the ground but I could still hear everyone through the earpiece in my suit.

"Zoe," I heard Dr. Wells' voice. "Barry, what happened out there?"

"Are you guys okay?" Cisco asked.

"Are you okay?" I heard Barry ask Caitlin.

"I think so," she replied. "Where's Zoe?"

"Zoe?" I could hear the concern in Barry's voice. "Zoe!"

"Oh, God. The nuclear explosion," Caitlin said. "There's no telling how much radiation we were exposed to."

"Wait, wait, wait, wait. This can't be," Cisco said. "The Geiger counter in the suits, it's reading less than one millirad."

"But that's normal," Barry said.

"There's no radiation," Wells said.

"Let's go."

I felt a strong gust of wind and heard the unmistakable sound of Barry using superspeed.

"Oh my God," Caitlin gasped.

"Zoe!" Barry said, concerned.

"Is she okay?" Cisco asked.

"I don't know," I felt him lift my mask away from my face. "Zoe . . ."

Suddenly, I gasped awake, coughing and opened my eyes to see Barry leaning over me. He lowered his head close to mine in relief.

"Oh, thank God. Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah," I nodded and he helped me stand. "Did it work?"

Barry, Caitlin and I looked down at the crater in front of us. We looked at each other before carefully walking down inside.

"Did you separate them?" Cisco asked.

"I don't know," Barry answered.

As we walked closer, the smoke started to clear and we saw Ronnie lying on the ground, his clothes torn and dirty.

"Ronnie?" Caitlin asked, walking closer to him.

He groaned and looked around as Caitlin knelt by his side.

"Tell me your name."

"Ronnie Raymond," he smiled, pulling her closer and they kissed. "Cait. It's me."

I smiled, happy to see them reunited.

"Uh, pardon me," we all turned to see Professor Stein. "Obviously, I need a change of clothes."

"Nice to see you in the flesh again, Professor Stein," I said, making him look at me.

"We're coming home," Barry told Wells and Cisco while looking at me. "All of us."