Chapter 10 - The Man in the Yellow Suit

Zach and I were at home, decorating the Christmas tree. I sat on the couch and handed him an ornament.

"There's only two boxes left," he told me.

"At this rate, we'll be finished by Easter," I replied. "What I wouldn't give to have Barry's speed right now."

Zach chuckled. "Well, since you don't, we're gonna have to do this like normal people."

I sighed. "Yeah, well, I wouldn't exactly define us as 'normal'. Our Christmas tradition consists of you getting called into work while I get stuck tree-trimming."

"Not this year," he said as I handed him another ornament. "I'm breaking that tradition."

I raised my brows. "I'll believe that when I see it."

Zach looked at me and tilted his head because I had used the exact words he said to me last year when we were talking about the particle accelerator.

I smiled, innocently as he hung up the ornament and we continued to decorate the living room.

------>

Later, I went to S.T.A.R. Labs and started handing out presents I had bought for Barry, Caitlin, Cisco and Dr. Wells.

"Merry Christmas. Just a small token of my gratitude for everything you guys have done for me this year," I said.

"Aw," Dr. Wells said as I gave him his present. "I think I speak on behalf of my colleagues when I say you've been a gift for us, Zoe."

Barry grabbed out a thermal.

"What's that?" Caitlin asked.

"This is compliments of Iris," he told us. "Grandma Esther's famous eggnog."

"That's what I'm talking about," Cisco said.

"Ahem. Maybe later for me," Dr. Wells said. "Wouldn't want to drink and drive."

Dr. Wells than wheeled out of the Cortex, Barry and I exchanged a look, confused.

"Did I say something wrong?" Barry asked Caitlin,

She shook her head. "No."

"No, man. He, um . . . this used to be his favorite time of year but the accident happened before Christmas, so it ruined the holidays," Cisco told us.

I nodded in understanding, looking down.

"I'm gonna go get him a present. Maybe that will cheer him up," Caitlin said, looking at me. "Thank you very much, Zoe, for the present."

I looked up and smiled. "Yeah."

"So, what are you doing for Christmas, Zoe?" Barry asked.

"Probably the same thing I do every year - spend it with Zach, except last year, I spent it here because I was in a coma."

"You don't have any other family?"

"No," I shook my head. "Just Zach."

------>

Barry and Joe told us that they had worked a crime scene where two guards were killed, the witness reported seeing a blur and that it was a man in a yellow suit.

Still in S.T.A.R. Labs, I sat at a table and gazed off as I processed what I had just been told. He's back. The man in yellow is back in Central City.

"The witness described seeing a yellow blur," Joe informed everyone. "Just like the one that killed Barry's mother."