Chapter 12 - The Sound and the Fury

Everyone has a hero. Someone they look up to or admire. Someone they just wish they could be. It's easy to believe in heroes. What's hard is when our heroes stop believing in us.

Barry and I were zooming through the streets of Central City as the Flash and Phoenix, we were going after the Royal Flush Gang as they were trying to get away on their motorcycles

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Barry and I were zooming through the streets of Central City as the Flash and Phoenix, we were going after the Royal Flush Gang as they were trying to get away on their motorcycles.

"Oh, guys, there's an intersection coming up," Caitlin told me. "Hurry."

"This should slow them down," I heard Cisco say.

The lights up ahead turned red a second later, but the Gang didn't stop. They ran the red light and drove down separate roads. Barry and I came to a halt in the middle of the intersection.

Barry looked at me. "I'll go left, you go right."

I gave him a nod. "Got it."

Barry sped off to chase the 'King' while I ignited to tail the 'Queen'.

"Listen up, you two. Listen carefully," we heard Dr. Wells' voice. "Here's what you're going to do. Now Zoe, the Queen is trying to make it to the bridge but I have a shortcut. Wait for it and left. Left. Right."

I followed the route Dr. Wells had given me, blazing through the streets like a flying flare.

"I see her," I told him.

"Make her go west before Fremont." Wells replied.

"Okay, how?" I asked.

"I recommend a detour," Wells said.

As I followed the Queen, I saw road blocks near the intersection. I extended my fiery wings and flapped them once, causing a gust of wind strong enough to push them into a line, blocking her path.

"Barry, the King is headed for the entrance to the interstate." Wells told him.

Barry sped into a truck and drove it in front of the King to block his path. "What entrance?"

"Attaboy," Wells praised him.

The King and Queen were now heading towards each other, back to the intersection they had diverted from and met up with the other member of their gang.

"Check . . ." Wells trailed off.

Now they had nowhere to go.

Barry sped around them. "Got the keys."

" . . . mate." Wells finished.

Barry and I fled the scene as the cops showed up to arrest them.

------>

Barry and I met up at S.T.A.R. Labs, ecstatic about our victory.