Chapter 11 - Revenge of the Rogues

Barry and I were training at the Ferris Air testing facility. Suited up as the Flash and Phoenix, we were being chased by a drone Cisco had built. Barry used his speed to dodge the shots the drone fired while I soared above him. When the drone started to fire at me, I used my flight speed to avoid being hit, going left and right. I came to a halt, turning to face the drone and hovered as it came closer. The drone fired at me and I somersaulted to dodge it, the drone moved past me and went for Barry.

He looked up at me and smiled. "Nice move."

He speed-dodged the drone and I smiled back at him.

Caitlin walked over to Cisco and Dr. Wells, all of them watching us. "That was too close."

"They told me to make it hard," Cisco replied.

"I'm pretty sure they didn't tell you to make them dead."

"Remember, this is just supposed to be a training exercise to improve their speed," Dr. Wells said.

Still hovering in the air, I put my hand over the comm device in my ear to talk to them. "Cisco, are you gonna bring it or what?"

"Bring it."

I took off towards the drone, zooming past it and saw missiles eject from the sides. One went for Barry, exploding behind him and making him fall to the ground. I stopped, looking down at him, worried. I turned to look at the other targeting me and stayed where I was, not backing down.

"Why isn't she flying away?" Caitlin asked. "Zoe, fly away."

As the missile came closer, I grabbed it and used my powers to heat it up as I spun around and threw it back towards the drone. The missile hit the drone, making both explode on impact. I flew down towards Barry, letting the fire fade before helping him to his feet.

We exchanged a smile before looking back at the shocked looks on our friends' faces.

------>

After our training session, Barry and I had consumed an enormous amount of food from Big Belly Burger to satisfy our hypermetabolism.

"Very Impressive, Mr. Allen. Your reaction to stimuli at superspeed continues to improve as is your agility during flight, Miss Sparks," Dr. Wells praised.

"It's still not enough," Barry said, crossing his arms.

"It will be. You keep working like you are, you stay focused like you are. You will be ready the next time your man in the yellow suit comes along."

"I think you mean, the Reverse-Flash," Cisco said, we all looked at him. "What? He said it. Not me and he's right. Yellow suit, red lightning and evil. The reverse of Barry."

"Meh," Caitlin said.

"Actually, I kind of like it," Wells replied.

"All right, I'm so ready for another round," I said. "How many more drones do you have left?"

"Two and they've got lasers," Cisco answered.

I nodded and headed back into the van to get back into my Phoenix suit.

"No," Caitlin and Dr. Wells said in unison.

------>

Barry had investigated a break-in in a garage full of expensive cars but they didn't steal anything. The only thing missing was part of the door, the metal had shattered like glass. It was frozen. We all knew what this meant.