CHAPTER3⃣

After gymnastics, I drove home and found Rose and Sofia asleep on the couch. At least they weren't in their pajamas anymore and Sofia went to work. I can see by her outfit.
I walked to my bedroom

I bathed and wore a white jumpsuit with white heels, applied some make up

I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled at the result. I heard the doorbell ring and walked out to see Rose answer the door only to find Bruce standing there, all dashing and charming.

I walked over with a smile. "You look astounding." he complimented causing me to blush. "Thank you." I said before I noticed Rose looking between us, excitedly. "Rose?" she looked at me before I gave her a knowing look. "Oh." she quickly rushed back in. I walked out and close the door. We walked outside to his Lamborghini and Bruce opened the door for me. I smiled at him in thanks as I got in and he closed the door and walked to the driver seat.

On our way to the restaurant, I looked outside in a little worry. Gotham has the highest crime rate that it the future of the orphans worries me. Its painful to see children lose their parents in just one night. I mean, I feel like there's never a week, you don't hear someone was murdered. It disgusts me that my sister is one of the people who trouble the innocent people of Gotham. I used to look up to her but now that she decided to turn to a life of crime, I don't even see her as my sister, just a villain. I wonder how Batman can handle her and the Arkham criminals every night. It must be tiring to deal with lunatics every night.

I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder and whip my head to Bruce. "You okay?" he asks before I gave him a small smile. "Yeah, I'm just thinking." I replied looking at my hands. "About?" he asks with half a smile. "Batman." I replied and saw him tense a little. That's quite odd. "What about Batman?" he asks not taking his gaze from the road. "I'm just wondering how he can handle Gotham's villains every night. For a guy with no powers, he moves, acts and has authority like he does. He knows how the villains think and how they strike, and I bet if he finds himself in a tight situation, he manages to get himself out of it. I'm actually intrigued but the Dark Knight. I'm mean think about it, he goes out of his way to help the people of Gotham with or without help. He is always there when someone is in danger. What sometimes goes around my head is how does he manage with the Joker. How can he handle the most dangerous criminal in all of Gotham? Doesn't he ever get tired of dealing with the same people who can't get the message that they must just stop? Why doesn't he just end them once and for all? Does he have a code against killing that restricts him from doing such?" I ramble without noticing but stop once I see a smirk on Bruce's face.

"Sounds like someone has been doing some research. Are you sure you're not a reporter, Ms. Isley?" he teases before I give a small laugh. "You could say that, Mr. Wayne. But you can't blame me for rambling about the only hope that the people of Gotham has. Batman is not just a guy in bat suit, who strikes fear in criminals' hearts but he's also the only hope and reassurance that the innocent people have." I add looking outside again. "You do have a point. But I don't think that Batman must end the villains because they can't get the message because what kind of message would he be sending to those who look up to him? In my opinion, I think he does have a code that restricts him from doing such. He is a hero after all, he has to set an example." he explained before I nodded in understanding. "I guess I didn't reconsider that. Sometimes, I guess it's hard to think like that when you're related to a villain who brings hell to the city's people." I said as I gave a sad sigh.

"I can't blame you for feeling like that but you just have to focus on the people you care about and yourself. You'll see it works out in the end. You've done that so far and exceeded on that. This is a good thing." Maybe he is right. "I sometimes feel like I'm doing something wrong because I was raised to be perfect no matter what. I was always thought that making my parents and family proud was the only thing I needed to do, no matter the cost. That's why I like to question things and investigate for my own good." He looks at me with a raised brow. "You were raised to be perfect?" he asked before I hesitantly nodded my head. "Yes, I just said that." I tried to ease the tension that suddenly appeared in the car. "You don't have to be perfect to make people proud. You just need to be yourself and you'll see its better than being stuck, playing a part someone else agreed to because you'll always feel like you're not perfect enough." he explained and I noticed we arrived at the restaurant. "I'll think about that." I said before we got out of the car at the exact same time.
~~~~
TIME SKIP BECAUSE I'M LAZY

After that whole meeting, the one thing that I need this very moment, is a nice, relaxing bath. At least the Mark Industry agreed to help but in Gotham, that will never be enough.

Sitting in a car, you get to see that people walking to their homes, minding their own business and such. But when you think about it, they are just waiting patiently, knowing that Gotham can never have peace. Every second, every minute and so forth, these people are stricked with fear of what might happen any moment. Everyone knows that in Gotham, you always have to be prepared to die. That's one of the few predictable things known in Gotham.

Bruce finally drops me off at my apartment. "I'll see you on Monday." he turned to me. "Thanks for driving me back home, Mr Wayne." I smiled at him. "Please call me Bruce, sometimes that makes me feel old." he joked causing me to giggle. "Okay Bruce. Thanks a bunch." I giggled walking out as he shook his head with amusement.

I watched him drive off and immediately got in the apartment. I entered to see that Rosie and Sofia were asleep in the couch. Those two. A vine grew behind me and I pointed to the two. "Get them to bed." it gently and carefully grabbed the two, took them to their rooms and disappeared.
I walked to my room, bathed, changed and as soon as I got in bed, sleep drifted over me and darkness consumed me.