Changing World

-x- Izuku -x-

"You know you don't need to stay up with me, right?" Shoto asked. It was 2 AM on a saturday and they were both up. Shoto never slept, and Izuku always felt bad for sleeping when he was unable to. "I'm really used to it by now. You need to sleep," he said nicely, since Izuku was so tired he was near delirious.

Shoto moved him to his bed and pretty much tucked him in. "I'm fine just reading all night." Izuku fell asleep, and woke up to see Shoto pulling his shirt down after sitting up, Izuku being a noisy waker. He saw a red patch of skin. It didn't look like the rest of his skin, and didn't look like the burn on his face.

"What's on your back?" Izuku wondered. "Are you okay?" Shoto froze, it being a sensitive topic. "You don't need to tell me if you don't want to," he said sincerely. Establishing boundaries and space for both of them had been a good choice. Izuku didn't feel neck deep in Shoto's secrets, and the other seemed less uncomfortable or hurt since Izuku was no longer pressuring him. He hadn't meant it to be that way, but always knowing pretty much everything had negative affects.

The white and red haired teen frowned, and then took a deep breath, preparing. "It's just what happened at training."

"Oh. Are you okay?"

"Yeah... with the rings," he said, lifting his hands to show the reflective skin. Oh. Oh. Those were there to keep him staying human. Had bits of him turned into some sort of pokemon?

"Oh. So, the red is part of you that turned into a pokemon?" Shoto nodded, searching Izuku's face. He seemed satisfied with what he found. Izuku didn't look or feel angry or hurt he wasn't told. "Is that the only one?"

Shoto shook his head. He lifted his shirt up to show his toned torso, but also showed the bits of his skin that were clearly not his skin. There were a few black, red and blue spots. None of it was furry, but it also didn't seem like soft skin as the rest of him. Izuku's face fell. "Do they hurt?"

"No. They're just there, they don't hurt or anything," Shoto said, lowering his shirt.

"That's good. Have you talked with Arecus lately?" Shoto nodded. "And news on the state of Kyogre?"

"...Yeah. He's eating pokemon, now. Even though he usually feeds on plants." Izuku grimaced. He hated that it was very clear everything was definitely going to happen. There was no avoiding it now. All Might was still getting his body ready to accept his power, but said Izuku was nearly there.

He knew it wouldn't be all fun and games to master his power. If it was, he wouldn't need to become so fit and strong. Not that it wasn't a good feeling to be in great shape. He ate a lot more and a lot healthier now. "It's okay, you still have over a year," Shoto reassured in his plain voice.

Izuku nodded, and got dressed, trying to not think or ask more about the turning into a pokemon thing. Shoto was very close to them because the worst thing that had been able being at Endeavor's and at that preppy school was the complete absence of pokemon. Shoto was able to ditch the house and visit Izuku, so he wasn't offended that the worst thing for him was not missing him. At lest his friend was nice about it. Shoto deserved friends.

Things with Ochako were weird. She was fixated on Shoto's situation, probably not wanting to be crazy or misremember things, even though it was when they were four. But Izuku was deflecting all questions, even if he didn't like trying to convince her she imagined things. He was loyal to Shoto first and foremost. It wasn't like he was telling Yaoyorozu about his deal with All Might or anything.

So, he was trying with Ochako but it wasn't going well. He wished they had nice people in school to make friends there, but Izuku was still quirkless and Shoto was still Tomato Face. Kacchan left Shoto alone but still was an asshole to Izuku when he was alone. He gave up on trying to get him to leave him alone. It was pointless by now. Mitty came to visit with them, usually sleeping on the couch with Taki when Shoto was over. She wasn't nearly as clingy and affectionate with Izuku than Envy was with Shoto. And he knew that was mostly special to him and her background of abuse with Shoto being her savior. She went everywhere with him.