Arceus

-x- Shoto -x-

"You got a pokemon, what's your quirk?" Bakugo demanded of Izuku. "Tell me!" Shoto walked over and got in front of him protectively. He didn't appreciate his friend being yelled at and bullied. He also didn't want anyone to know about his being quirkless, as they both knew he'd be bullied from some of the students.

It seemed Izuku and Bakugo had been friends before, but now the blonde was unnecessarily mean to Izuku and Shoto. The red and white haired boy hated Envy being put down for no reason other than to anger and be mean to Shoto, but he didn't act on his anger. He didn't want to be like his father, who lashed out at others when he was stressed and angry.

"Leave him alone, you don't gotta know," Shoto said firmly. Bakugo narrowed his eyes suspiciously.

"It's something lame, isn't it? Hah, I bet it's super stupid!" Izuku sighed, looking away, seeming to confirm it was something stupid. Shoto took Izuku's hand and took him away. While they were sitting on the swings, silent as Izuku moped, a girl from their class who was usually quiet came over.

They both looked up when she put her fingers together. "I think that was really mean of Bakugo... I don't think a bad quirk should be mocked. I just wanted to say that, if you felt sad." Shoto rose his brows, pleasantly surprised by her kindness. They'd never spoken before, even if she was one of the girls constantly in awe with the plusle and minum that hung out with Shoto often.

"What's your name, again?" Izuku asked, a small smile on his face for having someone else support him like this. Shoto liked having someone nice, too. They weren't usually spoken to since they always went to the play areas the least populated. And they'd only briefly said one another's names, and 20 little kids with names to remember wasn't easy.

"Uraraka Ochako!" Uraraka said brightly. "You're Todoroki and Midoriya, right?" They nodded. Most people didn't know Endeavor's first and last name, so the Todoroki children and wife were fine in public with their surname. Endeavor was leaving them alone but for sending money while their mother worked on the divorce.

It was just lucky the hero wasn't trying to win her back or force her. After they left, Rei became more confident and independent. She was looking for a job based on her college major, which was psychology. Shoto hoped she got something happy to do. Touya and Fuyumi agreed to babysit Shoto when needed.

But only because Shoto was extremely easy to babysit. He wasn't mischievous, didn't make messes. He wasn't noisy and usually snacked on cheerios or some other small food while watching tv or playing with the pokemon. Though he wasn't allowed to go outside without supervision.

He was glad he was no burden to anyone. He wasn't disliked or unwanted anymore, not with them not around father. But Shoto was trying, he was writing letters to him. Well, telling Rei what to write. She was happy he was trying, telling all of her children that they had the right to speak to him, or to never again.

"Whether he was a good one or not, he's your father and it's your choice to stay in contact with him." Fuyumi was also writing to him. He didn't write back regularly, but when he did they were essay length. Sometimes he complained about them leaving, but as the weeks turned into months, he stopped being so bitter with the children, and only was to Rei.

"Do you have a quirk?" Izuku asked curiously, brightly. She nodded, and showed her fingers, which had little pads on the tips. Small but noticeable if she brought attention to them. "What is it?" he asked brightly.

"I can take away gravity from things! It's super cool, but I dunno how useful," Uraraka said. Izuku asked her to show them, and Shoto was pretty curious too. She picked up a pebble, and touched it with her fingers. Her eyes scrunched closed as the pebble float. She then pressed both hands' fingers together, and it fell. It seemed hard to do, but she only just got her quirk a bit ago.