Manifestation

-x- Izuku -x-

Izuku and Inko waited for Shoto and his mother to come. When they pulled into the preschool parking lot, she unclipped Shoto, who hurried over to Izuku, looking excited. Inko walked to the white haired woman. Izuku didn't hear what she said, but her face spoke of kindness, and Shoto's mommy had a look of shock and then complete relief. They exchanged numbers, and Izuku wondered if their mommies were friends, now, too.

"Izuku, I got my quirk," Shoto said with a smile, a relaxed one. Not extremely excited, but bright eyed anyways.

"Wow! What is it!?"

"Pokemon like me, and I can talk to them." Izuku gasped. He dragged Shoto inside and to the plusle and minum, who came darting over, between child legs, and climbed up Shoto again. "Hi, again." He smiled, looking at both of them. Were they talking to him? Nobody else could hear them, so was it in his mind? Telepathy? Amazing!

"Did they say something?" Izuku asked eagerly.

"They saw you smell like pepper."

"I spilled pepper on my shirt today! Sorry if that smells bad," he said sincerely to the pokemon.

"Wanna see him?" Shoto asked them calmly. He was very soothing to be around, he wasn't loud. Plusle leapt from Shoto's shoulder to Izuku's, who giggled. A small crowd was forming, seeing the pokemon playing with Izuku and Shoto when they'd been hiding from everyone else. The marill bounced over, too, and Shoto pat its head.

The teacher said, "Shoto-kun, you go your quirk? Would you like to share it with us?" Shoto licked his lips, and nodded. Nobody else had their quirks yet. They were all four or younger, so many didn't have any quirks to show, and none of them had pokemon yet. Would Shoto get one, now? What would he get, another eeveelution like his family?

Shoto mumbled, "Pokemon like me, and I can talk to some of them..." He didn't make eye contact, seeming extremely uncomfortable, but then everyone shouted in awe, and were asking rapid fire questions.

"Everyone, he only got his quirk yesterday. It won't be for a long time until he can master it." Izuku looked to the side to see Kacchan looked very upset, brows together and lips pursed tightly. Was he upset about Shoto's quirk since he didn't have his own yet? Or was he upset Shoto got along with pokemon and he didn't?

He stomped to the corner and sat down, crossing his arms with his back to everyone. Finally, they were all called to the carpet, Izuku and Shoto sitting in the back again. "Today I'll be reading us a book. My quirk can help with that. Are you ready?" Everyone were fascinated with quirks, it wasn't just Izuku. None of them had theirs yet, and now knowing one of them did, maybe everyone wanted to catch up.

The teacher's quirk made her story come to life. It was an illusion, and it moved as she read, like a picture book in the air. It was amazing, and everyone looked in awe but for Shoto. Was he sad? Izuku couldn't tell, and now wasn't the time to ask. He scooched close to Shoto, which was the wrong thing as he moved further.

Izuku knew by this that he valued personal space, good to know at first! He wanted Shoto to be his friend, so he'd be a good one. He wouldn't scoff at him and be mean like Kacchan could be. But he wanted to be friends with Kacchan, too. He would try, because he always went on adventures with his blond friend.

He was so vastly different from what Izuku knew of Shoto so far. He was quiet and reserved. Kacchan was loud and brash. Izuku was more like Shoto, but that didn't mean he didn't like loud people.

After reading time, they got some juice boxes, and Kacchan came over. Shoto didn't want any trouble, and asked, "Do you want to pet him?" This wiped the anger off of Kacchan's face in an instant. Minum was in Shoto's pocket, and plusle was on his shoulder.