7: The Kiss

- Hunter's Pov -

Wow, she really thinks all of that about me? She admires me....

I stared at her confidently giving that speech, and I felt a feeling in my stomach I couldn't descripe.

She looked like she waited to tell me that.

I felt my face heat up.

She was so beautiful....

'So, is that Hunter gonna give up after finding out he's a bit different from other people? Because the Hunter I know will not. Because he never stops fighting to prove he's right!' She said the last line with so much confidence and energy she grabbed my hands.

It didn't even look like she noticed until after a few seconds. She tried to take her hands away but without thinking I held her hands in mine.

Looking at her suddenly felt different from all the other times I did.

It felt like I wanted to take her in my arms and never let go. Like I wanted to hold her hands in mine forever. Like I wanted to be with her forever. Like I wanted to......

I wanted to kiss her.

She looked at me like she was waiting for me to do something.

Fuck it. It's now or never.

I grabbed her face with one and, pulled her closer and kissed her.

I felt her surprise and shock. She didn't do anything.

Titan I messed up everything....

I slowly pulled away, ready to face the humiliation and her screaming at me asking me why I did this.

She clearly didn't want this.

She clearly didn't want me. Not like I want her.

I opened my eyes. She just stared at me, not saying anything.

'If you hate me just tell me.' I said.

Suddenly she pulled me closer again and pressed her lips against mine.

I closed my eyes again, kissing her back as the strange feeling in my stomach got stronger.

I felt her place her hands on my chest. I placed my hands gently on her waist in return, trying not to place them to high or too low.

Was this what being in love felt like? It felt so different then I thought.

I never had someone I knew and was like "I wanna kiss them". But I didn't know many people my age, so I guess it makes sense.

But with Y/n. It was like this was the right thing to do. Like I always wanted to kiss her. I just didn't realize it yet.

I think I'm crazy for her....

After some time we pulled away, breathing heavily. Kissing her was absolutly beathtaking.

She giggled. 'Finaly. You have no idea for how long I wanted to kiss you.' She smiled.

Me too, I guess. I just didn't realize it yet. Thank you for making me feel better.'

'Of course. I don't want you to be sad.' 'I don't thank you want anyone to be sad.' 'Shut up you know what I mean.' She laughed.

She let her head fall on my shoulder. I took her close. She closed her eyes and smiled.

I could get used to this feeling.

-------

'So what berries are we looking for?' I asked Y/n. 'Star berries. They're dark blue and are in a pointy shape.'

I agreed to go pick some berries in the forest with her. I take every opertunity to spend time with her.

It also gives me some time to tell her I littaraly have nowhere to stay. Belos would try to kill me again if I went back to the castle. I know it.

Do I really deserve to die?....

Y/n was always there for me, so maybe she would know how to help! I'm not asking her if I can stay with her 24/7. But maybe she knows a solution. She always seems to know one.

I walked over to a bush. There were blue berries with 4 pointy ends growing on them.

I started picking them, thinking they were the right ones.

'Hunter, those aren't star berries.' 'What do you mean? They're blue and pointy.' She sat down next to me and picked something out of her basket.

'This is a star berry. They're round with little spikes around them. The ones you are picking, are poisonous.' I quickly dropped the berry and whiped the glove over the grass. Y/n giggled.

'Come on, I already found a bush with the right berries.'

I followed her, sat down on the ground and started picking the berries.

'Hey, Y/n. I need to tell you something.' I said. I needed to tell her. I knew that if I didn't tell her now, I wouldn't tell her at all.

'You sound worried, are you okay?' 'Yes, I just.... I can't go back to the castle. Belos will deffenetly try to kill me again, or at least injure me very badly. I know this is a lot to ask, but do you know somewhere I can stay? I'm scared of being outside alone at night and I really don't wanna sleep in the bushes. I understand if you don't know a solution. I wouldn't if I were you. But I had to ask.'

I saw her think for a few seconds. 'I think I know a place. We'll go there after we're done picking the berries, okay?'

'Really?!' I asked, excited and relieved. 'Yep. A few other people live there, and I know how you are with new people. But I think you'll be able to get along with them just fine.'

I sighed out of relieve. 'Thank you so much Y/n. I don't know what I would do without you.'

She suddenly gave me a kiss on the cheek. 'No problem Hunter. I'll always be there if you need me.'

-------

'Are you sure they'll be okay with me staying?' We stood at the verge of the forest, for a big house with stained glass windows.

'I'm pretty sure, yes. But I'm gonna ask first so stay here. I'll come get you when I asked.' She said, giving me another kiss on the cheek and walking up to the house.

I saw a lady open the door.

Wait a minute.... oh titan that was the lady I tried to arrest a few weeks ago! Y/n wanted me to stay here?!

Well, she does know about that incident, so maybe she thinks they'll forgive me?...

.... right?

Eventually Y/n walked up to me again. 'Great news! Eda will let you stay!'

'Isn't she angry? I tried to arrest her a few weeks ago.' I asked. 'I told her that, but also everything you've been through, and that you've changed and that she can trust you. She believes me, so let's go now.' She explained and dragged me to the house.

'So Eda, this is Hunter.' She introduced me. I just looked at the ground.

'Look at me kid.' Eda told me. I slowly looked up.

She smiled. 'Welcome home.'

I was a bit surprised at how nice she was being.

'You.... aren't mad at me? I tried to arrest you a few weeks ago.' 'Well I always believed people can change. And I trust Y/n. If she says you're a good person, then I believe that.'

Wow, that's so nice of her.

She turned to the door. 'Hey Luz! Come meet Hunter, he'll be staying with us.'

Then I saw a girl run torwards the door. Her eyes lid up when she saw me. 'Yay I get to have a brother!' She exclaimed, ran up to me and hugged me.

'What are you doing?' I asked. 'Hugging my new brother!' 'Get off of me!'

I saw Y/n laughing beside me. 'Traitor.' I said.