Chapter 1

A teenage girl silently walked down the streets, avoiding contact with any standbys. Her hand gripped onto her tan jacket, which covered part of her head. Also, her pale blue cap was lowered which covered her eyes, only revealing her mouth and nose. Her strapped camera swept from side to side, dangling from her neck.

She turned to a dark alley, which the city of Eslodon had many. When she realized it was a dead end, the feminine figure turned around. However, there had been a gang of men following behind her.

"We got a pretty one, boys!" the man in front, who appeared to be their leader announced. His followers started to walk up to the feminine figure, ready to strike.

Violently, one of the, tackled her to the ground. He pinned her, to the ground, the feminine figure unable to get up. The leader leaned down and grabbed her chin, lifting it up. This made her tingle.

"Well, if it isn't, the famous Katsumi Maymori," he spat, pushing her face away. He stood back up. "What's a girl like you here at night without on bodyguards?"

Katsumi turned her face back to the man, "Just because I'm a lady, doesn't mean I don't have the right to visit other cities."

"True, but at this hour, everyone is in their houses," he chuckled. "Most people that stay outside at night get kidnapped. Or... murdered."

His followers started throwing kicks at Katsumi, bruising her badly. One of the men kicked her eye, causing it to swell and turn black. After a few minutes of brutal beatings, the men flee, leaving Katsumi to die.

She rose her head up, gasping for air. Katsumi trembly tried to stand up, but failing she lost her balance and fell to the ground again. Her vision blurred and she hoped she didn't die before someone found her.

"Hey, you alright miss?"

Suddenly, two long arms wrapped around her waist. Then, the stranger pulled her up and carried her bridal style. The figure removed pink strands of hair from her face.

Katsumi looked up to see a tall, slim boy, with jet-black hair. His gleaming blue eyes locked with her pale pink ones.

"What happen to your eye?" he asked Katsumi, pointing at her left eye. He gently put his palm on top of her eye, but quickly snatched it away when she hissed in pain. "Sorry."

"I'm fine, really," Katsumi assured him. She realized she was tiring. A smile came upon Katsumi's face as closed her eyes into a deep sleep, leaving the stranger in charge.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Katsumi slowly opened her eyes to find herself in a hospital-like bed. She sat up straight and saw that an eyepatch has been slung across her face to cover her left eye. Her right arm was also in a sling. The door creaked open; it was the stranger from before. But, this time a little girl followed behind him. She had wavy blond hair tied up with a ribbon, and bright blue eyes.

"So, you've woken up," the boy who saved her concluded. "You know, you never introduced yourself."

"Sorry, my name is Katsumi Maymori. I'm one of Escaldes' newest singers." Katsumi explained.

"Wow! No wonder I've seen you before!" the little girl exclaimed. "I downloaded all of your songs; they're amazing!"

Katsumi smiled, then looked at the boy who saved her. "I need to know the name of the boy who saved me."

He looked up, "Akane Suiyuo."

"Akane Suiyuo," Katsumi smiled, she liked the way it rolled of her tongue.

"Yeah, and I'm Holly Evergreen, I'm one of his friend's cousin," the girl waved. "I'm just visiting for the week, I have to go back to Maveos City in five days."

Katsumi nodded, "Where are we, exactly?"

"Inside the building of Wolf Tale Academy, a famous sorcerer academy." Akane answered.

"Thanks, I think I can tell where to go from here." Katsumi said. She started to slip out of bed, but tingled when she felt pain.

"You need to rest," Akane persuaded her to stay in bed. Holly went up to Akane and whispered something in his ear, making him blush madly.
"Do not!"

The two kept arguing as they shut the door and left.