Chapter 2

"Another point for Team Raven!"

Raven passed through the opposing team of three boys easily, dribbling the basketball back and forth. Her teammates, Ashlynn and Aurora, stood there arguing as always.

"Get out there, Ashy." Aurora spat while painting her nails.

"You too, lazy-bum." Ashlynn said coldly.

"Ashilocks."

"Drama Queen."

"Miss Emo."

"Brat."

Raven rolled her eyes at them and scored another point from a far distance. Sasuko, the scorekeeper, sat on the bench, obviously bored. "Team Raven wins from... wow twelve to zero."

The boys were panting and sweating on the ground as Raven did her happy dance. The boy in the middle stood up. His shaggy brown hair spiked down as he brushed off dust on his jeans.

"Good game, Mason." Raven complimented. She spat on her hand and held it out. Mason did the same and shook her hand. They both smiled at each other.

"Hmm, let's see things get a little interesting," Sasuko laughed evilly. She tipped-toed behind Raven and gave a little push. "Whoops!"

Raven lost her balance and stumbled on top of Mason. They both stared in each other's eyes while they stayed there for minutes. Finally, Raven snapped out of it and pushed herself off of Mason.

"So sorry!" Raven apologized, turning red as a tomato.

Mason pushed himself off the ground and scratched the back of his head, "J-just forget that ever happened."

Raven death-glared at Sasuko, knowing that she did it on purpose. The other two boys got of the ground. "Matt, Dirk, you never saw that." Raven used her death-glare on them. Afraid, they both nodded. In the distance, Ashlynn could see Akane sprinting to them.

"Morning guys," Akane turned to see Raven. "I didn't expect Raven to be up this early."

"Ashlynn forced me," Raven answered. "Now that we're all here, Master wanted me to tell you that our we've all been chosen to present to the new kids today."

"I hate new students." Ashlynn said.

"You practically hate everything," Aurora added. Ashlynn took out her scissors she always carried around and snipped it around Aurora's face. Her temper got ahead of her as she snatched Ashlynn's scissors and snapped it in two. "Hah."

Ashlynn reached for something in her pocket and took it out," Backup scissors." Aurora moaned and decided to go up to the others.

"So, when do we go?" Matt asked.

"Right now," Raven answered. They all turned to Ashlynn. "May we have the blue orb?"

Ashlynn pulled it out and tossed it to Dirk. Everyone laid their hand on it. The orb gave off powerful waves, making the caster and whoever touches the orb teleports to a chosen location.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Preparations were being made in the colosseum. All the students were getting ready for the big event, orientation day. Ashlynn was outside of the entrance with Dirk and Aurora, helping hang banners. Raven and Mason were practicing for the show they would pull off. Matt, Sasuko, and Akane were helping with the seating. Apparently, everyone was hard at work.

"A little more to the left," Aurora peered at Ashlynn, who was on a tall narrow ladder hanging banners. Dirk watched next to Aurora. "More." Ashlynn was on the edge of the ladder, barely able to keep her balance.

"Are you trying to make me fall!" Ashlynn yelled from up to the top of her lungs. Aurora giggled devilishly. Ashlynn groaned at their rivalry, but realized, she had letter go of the ladder bars. "Uh-oh."

Ashlynn started to fall, slowly for some odd reason. Dirk quickly stood up. "Don't worry, milady!" he called out. "Dirk is here!"

Ashlynn rolled her eyes, still falling. She disappeared before appearing beside Aurora. Dirk look absolutely dumbfounded at what happen.

"Hopeless romantic," Aurora whispered to Ashlynn, who nodded agreeing. They, for once, agreed on something. And that was Dirk being a hopeless romantic.

"Can't let a guy have a heroic moment, can you?" Dirk pouted. Ashlynn shook her head, saying, "Nope!" They all turned back to the banners, which were already hung symmetrically.

"Let's go check on the others since we're all done here." Aurora shrugged, the others agreeing.