Chapter 22: Saturday Noon Serenading (Gift for Shadow_with_a_ushanka)

May 13, 2039...

It was currently 12 noon in Eastern Daylight time. Sweetheart was standing at a gazebo at a park, wearing a pink, long-sleeved corset dress with a sweetheart neckline and her green platforms. Her hair was tied in high pigtails with white ribbons.

"Hey Roach!" Selever greeted as he walked in the gazebo

"Beep bo! (Hey, Sel!)" Sweetheart greeted.

"You look beautiful." Selever complimented, a blush on his face.

"Beep! (Thanks!)" Sweetheart said. "Beep bop ba. (I asked Aunt Miku to come over and teach me how to do the pigtails.)"

"You look really cute with that hairstyle." Selever said.

"Beep ske doop ba. (She said that as well.)" Sweetheart beeped. "Beep bop bap boop ba. (Anyways, the reason I came here is because I wanted to tell you something.)"

"What is it?" Selever asked.

"Beep bop ba. (I'll tell it through a song.)" Sweetheart beeped.

"Okay." Selever said. "Is that why she's here?" He turned to Sofie, who was sitting on speakers that were behind them. "To start the song and vibe with the music?"

"Beep! (Yup!)" Sweetheart beeped.

"I'm just furniture, so don't mind me, Agapornis birds." Sofie said. "Just pretend I'm not here." (If you get the reference, you have until Friday to comment it. If nobody comments it by then, I'll do it.)

"Uh...okay." Selever said. Sweetheart turned to Sofie.

"Beep bloop bap. (Drop a beat, Sofie!)" Sweetheart beeped.

"Aye, aye captain!" Sofie said, saluting before pressing the start button.

Song: Ballad (But Sweetheart sings it)

"You...you really love me?" Selever asked with a blush on his face. "As more than a friend?"

"Beep. (Yeah.)" Sweetheart beeped. "Beep ske doop bap. (I know you love me the same way I love you because your face gets red around me.)"

"True that." Selever said. "So...does this mean we're dating?"

"Beep! (Yup!)" Sweetheart beeped. Sofie turned to the readers.

"There ya go guys!" Sofie said. "The Sweelever confession scene you've all been waiting for!" Sweetheart and Selever turned to the readers.

"Beep bo! (Hi readers!)" Sweetheart beeped, waving at the viewers. Selever gave them "the finger", which earned him a hard slap on the face from an invisible force.

"I get that doing "the finger" is bad, but did you really have to slap him?" Sofie asked the readers.

"It wasn't that hard." Selever said. "I'm fine."

"Beep ske doop ba? (Wanna get some ice cream?)" Sweetheart said. "Beep bloop ske dap bop. (Since we're dating now, it could be our first date.)"

"Yeah." Selever smiled. "I'd like that."

"Don't worry guys, I don't mind being a third wheel." Sofie said. Just then, the sound of rainfall could be heard.

"Beep ske doo bap. (Maybe we should just stay inside until it stops raining.)" Sweetheart beeped.

"Yeah." Selever said. "You're right."

"Beep bop ba? (Wanna sing a couple songs while waiting?)" Sweetheart asked.

"Sure." Selever said

"Beep ske doop bap. (This next one was borrowed from Carol and Whitty.)" Sweetheart said. "Beep bop ba. (My parents and grandparents tell me and my siblings to ask permission before borrowing something, so that's exactly what I did.)"

Song: Heartbass (Selever vs Sweetheart)

***

It wasn't until 8:36 pm that the rain had stopped. Sweetheart and Selever were on their way back to the Phantom Cathedral, hand in hand. Sofie wasn't there with them, as they had just walked her home. As they walked, they talked about random things until they reached the cathedral.

"This is where we stop." Selever said.

"Beep bop ba. (Today was nice.)" Sweetheart said. "Beep bop ske doo ba? (Wanna go to Friday's tomorrow?)"

"Sure!" Selever said. "And..." He blushed. "I agree with you."

"Beep bop ba. (Since I'm not that famous yet, I'm usually free.)" Sweetheart beeped.

"9pm sharp?" Selever said.

"Beep! (Okay!)" Sweetheart beeped. She gave her phone to Selever, who set a reminder for the date.

"I set a reminder for you to get ready at 8:50." Selever said. "See ya tomorrow, Roach!"

"Beep! (See you!)" She gave him a peck on the lips before walking off with a smile on her face.

---

Credits:

Characters that appear in the story

· Sweetheart (owned by me)

· Selever (owned by Dokki.Doodlez)

· Sofie (owned by me)

Mentioned character(s)

· Carol (owned by bbpanzu)

· Whitty (owned by NateAnim8 and KadeDev)

Song(s)

· Ballad (composed by Hippo Boii)

· Heartbass (composed by bbpanzu)

A/N: Whew! After 2 days, I finally managed to type all my ideas for this chapter and finished this! To Shadow_with_guns, thank you so much for following me. I really appreciate it. If you haven't seen it yet, pls see my pinned announcement. Thank you!!