Chapter 10: Chocolate Chip Cookies

Content Warning: B*lly*ng, nightmares

Trigger Warning: Mentions of kill*ng and attempted murd*r(???)

[Text conversation]

Roachy: Hey, Sel!!

Sel: Hey, Roachy!

Roachy: I'm gonna visit my ex and their dad at 12 noon tomorrow (my dad wrote the 12 noon part because I can't write numbers). Dad has a live performance at Times Square tomorrow and mom's gonna be coming along to sit on the speakers and vibe to the music. Bestie also got that role she auditioned for last week, so it'll just be me and Partner.

Roachy: Would you and your sisters like to come?

Sel: Sure! Mom's taking a break from having church services for a week, so we'll be available tomorrow.

Sel: Can babushka come as well? She wants to bake chocolate chip cookies for dedushka but doesn't know how. Charlie and Hex are masters at baking, so they should be able to teach her.

Sel: The person who's texting rn is Bell, btw. Mom's forcing Sel to repent for cussing, so I'm texting for him

Roachy: Oh okay. Also, sure! Rsch can come.

Sel: 😊

Roachy: Gtg now. It's dinner time for me.

Roachy: See you tomorrow, Bell!!

Sel: See you tomorrow, Sweetheart!

***

A 10-year-old Sweetheart looked down, tears rolling down her cheeks as she walked in the hallways of the school. Everyone around her were black, shadowed figures that insulted her and called her names whenever she passed them. All of a sudden, everything felt hot, like it was 100 degrees Fahrenheit. The voices started to amplify in volume and the uniform she was wearing felt like pins and needles stabbing into her skin.

She fell into a portal that was made under her and she found herself curled up in a ball, crying as the shadowed figures beat her up while still insulting her and calling her names. She then fell into another portal, this time, finding herself walking in a classroom, where everyone, who were still shadows, started crumpling paper and throwing them at her.

Sweetheart sat up, sweating and panting. 'It was all just a dream.' Sweetheart told herself, gripping the bed sheets. 'You're not in there anymore. You'll never go back there. You're safe now.' Eventually, she calmed down and checked her phone to see what time it was.

6:00 am

***

Sweetheart, Partner, Selever, Rasazy, Bell, Rschvania and MM were currently sitting in the backseats of MM's limo. Selever and Sweetheart were talking about random stuff, Rasazy and Partner were asleep, Bell was looking out the window and as for Rsch and MM, they were, surprisingly, talking as if they've been friends for years.

"I'm really surprised at how our grandmothers are getting along, considering how Double D and Double M think that we're dating and [funking] hate me for it." Selever said.

"Beep ske da bop ba bloop? (Don't grandparents usually bond with other grandparents or something?)" Sweetheart beeped.

"I guess that's true." Selever said, looking at Rsch and MM.

"Thank you for picking us up, Mearest." Rsch said. "That was very kind of you."

"No problem." MM said. "Sweetheart and Partner are my grandchildren and I'd do anything for them."