|| Prolouge Pt. 4 ||

Start from the beginning

Meanwhile, Crepus had told the others to keep an eye on anyone suspicious around the Dawn Winery. Which they all agree before rumors around the area began to circulate amongst the new maids.

" Hey, did you hear? "

" Hear what? "

" You know? About the young lady who got a nasty wound on her wrist. "

" Oh! Yeah, what about it? "

" I heard..."

The maids huddle themselves, whispering about the incident. Unbeknownst to them, (Y/n) was hiding across the wall while listening their conversation. " Can't they gossip about something else? " She sighed heavily as she walks downstairs, hoping to not see anyone in the area.

Once the coast is clear, she quickly ran to the back door. She knew that there was another two maids standing near the front entrance.

" Right here, (Y/n)! "

She saw the young Knight, hiding behind a tree, waving at her direction. (Y/n) immediately went there and hugged the young Knight, " Thanks for coming, Jean! "

" Hey, there's no need for that. "

Jean smiled before grabbing (Y/n) the hand, " Let's get going before the boys clings on you during those few days. " She said in a joking manner.

(Y/n) playfully rolled her eyes, " Hahaha. Very funny, Jean. "

The said Knight laughs, dragging her friend to their usual hangout spot. As Jean had considered to an ideal location for them to have a place for themselves without any monsters nearby. Despite, it can be found between Dawn Winery and Wolvendom.

As soon as they arrived, Jean went ahead and grab what seems like a wooden sword before handing it to (Y/n). " Don't tell me that you dragged me here just for some sparring? " She commented as she stared at the young Knight, seeing her smile cheekily.

" That and I can tell that you wanted to have some action. "

" Oh? "

(Y/n) raised her brow with a small smirk making its way up to her lips, " Do tell. "

Both of then stood on their ground. Having to have shuffle their feet into the proper stance. Feet parallel, both pointed straight ahead, right foot in front of the left foot.

" Those fire in your eyes...It never stops burning. " Jean started before she charged directly at (Y/n), hollering at the top of her lungs. The movement actually consists of a very rapid shuffling motion of the feet, so that she stays balanced at all times. " I still wonder why you hadn't joined the Knights Of Favonius! " At the last moment, the young Knight then draws the sword up over her head and snaps it down towards (Y/n).

" I rather be a traveller than just being a Knight. " (Y/n) brought the wooden sword up, rotating it around sideways so that the handle is up high above and to the left of her face. The blade soon slopes down and to the right, providing a roof above her. Jean's blow bounces off this roof like rain, and then the Maiden sidesteps to let her go by and snaps the sword down toward the young Knight's unprotected shoulder.

" That's a waste of talent, (Y/n). "

Jean's movement was too fast, and (Y/n)'s timing is off. The wooden blade cuts behind and to the side of the young Knight.

" I'm sure Grandmaster Varka and Mr Crepus would approve of you joining the Knights and will bestow a new title! "

Both of them wheel to face each other, back up, get back into their previous stance.