|| Prologue Pt. 1 ||

¤

¤

A petite figure in blue cloak quickened her pace as the clouds began to gather in the sky. Up to now, the sky had been as clear as day, but it was changing. The once beautiful blue shade was beginning to darken into gravel-grey. Large pillows of clouds were forming, blotting out the old-amber of the sunset.

Until she took shelter under an old oak, hoping that she could see out the shower.

" That was one way to start a journey..." She sighs heavily, pulls down the cloak, revealing her ash-blonde hair.

Droplets of moisture began to drip from the leaves. They were sprinkling onto the grass like a gardener’s hose. Then the rainfall became more intense. A wall of rain moved over the oak and the drops were drumming against the canopy. So much rain was falling that the sound blurred into one long, whirring noise.

It reminded her of the calming seas clashing against the blouders.

Until at the corner of her eye, she saw two figures at the distance. Guessing that the taller figure was an adult while the other was a child. This made her widen her eyes when she saw the adult left the child by themself.

Let alone under such a rainy weather.

She immediately ran towards where the child was and as soon as she arrived. She gritted her teeth, seeing the child before her was underdressed and was shivering.

" Why are you here alone? "

"..."

He remain silent, unable to bring himself to answer the girl before him which made her sigh heavily. The boy watched as she took off her cloak and drape it over his shoulder, " It's okay if you don't trust me but...Let's find shelter first. "

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

It wasn't long until they managed to find a shelter. A temporary one to say at least.

Seeing how the gazebo made out of wood was left abandoned for who knows how long. As there were a lot of mosses growing due to the moist environment, wooden planks scattered on the floor and crates that were left behind. Despite all that, it still stands.

" Not the most comfortable place but, we can't complain. Don't you think so? "

The girl glanced at the boy, seeing replied with a small nod.

She then brush off the dirt on the floor and motioned the boy to sit down. Luckily for her, he did.

It was an awkward moment between the two youths. With one who has been left alone by his kind while the other who travelled into Tevyat.

The girl pretended to browse through her travelling bag while stealing some glances at the boy. No strange movements  owing from him, seeing how he huddles the cloak for warmth until she heard his stomach growling.

" Here. "

She placed the bento box on the boy's lap and took off the cover, revealing a simple yet, presentable looking meal. It made the boy drool before he quickly wipe off the drool at the corner of his mouth and stare at the girl.

" Don't worry about me. " She smiled at him with reassurance, " You need it more than me. "

With that said, the boy savour the food. Munching it as if he hadn't eating for years while the girl just stared at him, pitifully.

She wondered why his only parent left him in such a rainy weather?

Was it just to abandoned him? Or was it on purpose?

"...Aeya..."

" Hm? "

" Name...Is Kaeya..."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

" Nice to meet you, Kaeya. I'm (Y/n), " she introduces herself before she took out a handkerchief, wiping off the crumbs on Kaeya's face.

" Thank you...(Y/n)..."

Little Kaeya rolled his tongue as he tried to pronounced her name. It was an odd name but, he liked its unique and it suits the girl's nature.

" (Y/n)...?...(Y/n)...(Y/n)...! "

" So cute, " she cooed as she gave Kaeya a headpat, causing him to lean towards her touch.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Time had passed and yet, the rain continues to pour. As Kaeya had already fallen asleep while (Y/n) remained awake, stroking the youth's hair.

Waiting for the rain was boring but, she doesn't mind as she still have time to spare before departing from this land. Until (Y/n) saw a light in the distance, and heard horses walking. She couldn’t see who or what it was. As the light got closer and the horses became louder before she heard a voice.

“ Stop! There’s children! ” A masculine and gruffy voice called out, and the carriage stopped upon his command.

The carriage door soon swung open, revealing a tall figure as he walked out. The lantern illuminated bright, a difference to the pitch dark they were surrounded a long ago. Illuminating the face of a man with red hair and matching red eyes. He was wearing a fine, black suit, seemingly just coming from an important meeting, and he looked worried.

The man walked towards the two youths and crouched down to her level. “ Hey, are you both okay? Where are your parents? ”

The man wore a soft expression on his pale face. No hostility was ever present around the stranger.

Only sincerity.

" We're both fine, fortunately. " (Y/n) answered the man carefully, " And no, I don't have any parents but, as for him..." She trailed off, staring down at the sleeping Kaeya on her lap before gazing St the man again.

" I found him by himself and here we are. "

" I see..."

The man sighs in relief, giving (Y/n) a headpat which surprises her by a lot. " You did a good job, " he smiles at her before he carefully carried Kaeya into his arms and stretch his other hand, " I'll bring you two to my home where you can stay. "

“ Okay, we trust you. "

The man who came smiled as he watched (Y/n) took his hand. Walking back to the carriage, lifting her onto the soft seats in the carriage and sat next to her with Kaeya still in his arms before pulling out blanket, placing it on her.

" Comfortable? "

(Y/n) nods, snuggling onto the blanket for warmth, " Thank you, Mr...? "

" Crepus...Crepus Ragnvindr, little one. "

¤

Note : Might be different from the original plot but, where's the fun in that if you want to put your own spin in it and how you want it flow.

Bonus.

Might as well slightly change every fate/destiny on each characters but  death is unavoidable. But, we'll see about that! 😗😗