Highschool Apocalypse

Start from the beginning

Door Knock.

"Daddy!"

Shit, I lost my trace of thought. I was interrupted by the voice of my 9 year old son who just happened to forget to knock.

"Yes Michael?"

"I want Pancakes."

"There's some in the Fridge, Just warm some up."

"I thought you said I couldn't use it until I'm 10?"

Shit. I did say that.

"Right.. Umm, Actually let's not attempt that. Let's go shall we. " I get out of my bed as I walk down to the kitchen with him looking for the pancakes in the fridge. I then realize I said the same thing yesterday and we have no food in the fridge.

"Uhh, Bad news Kiddo, Looks like we're out of food.."

"DADDY! I'm hungry, can't we get McDonalds or something?"

"You think I'm made of money or something."

"You work at school, doesn't school make the best money?"

"Yeah, I wish. I mean better paying than a teacher but still."

"Soo mcdonalds?"

"No! We're going to go to your Grandfather's house for that."

"Yeah. Grandpa Mike,"

"Come one, let's get you ready.'

After My hectic morning, I Finally was able to get out the door of my apartment with Micheal on the side ready to head out. As I head out, I see a big Yellow paper on the door of my apartment. Eviction Notice.. What the fuck??

"Daddy, what's the Paper on the door,.'

"Uhh, Nothing on. Just a little prank thing."

"What's a prank Dad?"

"Uhh, It's like a joke you pull on something but they can be a bit extreme."

"I don't get it."

"You will eventually. Don't worry son, But let's go get food."

25 minutes later

Me and Micheal get to the front door of my Dad's door, Micheal Knocks on the door before I can. Not surprising, A Bowen thing to do. After a few minutes, My Dad finally opens the door and smiles when he sees us.

"Ricky, Micheal. How are you boys doing."

"DOing Great grandpa!"

"What are you doing around here?"

"Well, um dad, You see.. "

"Let me guess. Out of food again son."

"*SIgh* Yes."

"Come in. You're lucky I just made breakfast."

Me and Micheal walked into the house and Quickly made our way into the kitchen. My dad was right. He did make breakfast, At least he still got it and he's older than me.

"I totally forgot you make breakfast like that dad."

"Yeah, well you know after your mom left, and After it all, Had to pick up for his grandson. "

"Yeah, I can tell."

"Daddy, When will I visit Mommy? You said I'll see her soon."

"Umm, Soon. She's still very very busy. But I promise soon." As I talked to my son, I can see my dad giving me a glare knowing I shouldn't have to lie to him.