It was congested below, with a confident nod, Harper listened to the call of revenge and her need to defend everyone and everything.

The cackling head of black up in the scaffolding, up up up

"Up."

Whatever was going on with Harper, she was going to use it to her advantage to save her loved ones while getting that revenge she'd wanted so desperately on Bill and Fleur's wedding night. If the fates were giving her snippets of events, she would do everything in her power to utilize the information to her schemes.

I have to protect them

Fred's look of apprehension lasted seconds as he followed behind her. Taking his hand in hers, she willed herself forward, through the chaos swarming them.

*****

The anger Angelina felt beside him for the idea of their group splitting rippled off her in waves that left a tang in George's mouth. Her magic seeming to ripple off her in dark tendrils that threatened to strangle the next person who spoke to her wrong. The corridors were a mess of dust, stone debris, spells, and the clanging of the random suit of armor that remained the corridor rather than outside in the courtyards.

"Ange—"

"Down. We go down."

She cut him off so harshly that George pulled her to a stop, positioning them in the threshold of the staffing room, obscured from a quick glance. The group had splintered with Harper and Fred on one side of a chasm that had appeared and Angelina, George, Lee and Alicia on the other.

"Oi. Ange. I don't like the split either. But I need you to have my back like I've got yours."

"If something happens—"

"I won't let anything happen to you."

"I'm not worried about myself," Angelina glared.

"I trust Freddie with my life. I know Harper is safe with him and he's safe with her."

"So you didn't see it then," Angelina muttered, beginning to walk away toward the moving stairs.

"See what?"

Angelina gave him a tired look, shaking her head slightly, "when the barrier came down. There was something in Harper's face. It was almost like a mini vision...I don't have a good feeling and I want to get back to them now."

George could only frown in response, hurrying down the marble stairs. They met Lee and Alicia on the next landing, the staircase shifting just as Yaxley appeared at the bottom step. He smirked at the four Gryffindors, George cracked his neck and stepped in front of everyone as Alicia and Angelina backed away.

"I was really hoping for this moment."

Yaxley's smirk only widened, the air around him arrogant as Lee stepped up beside George.

"You're not walking outta here, mate," Lee added.

"Adorable, truly adorable," Yaxley chuckled, readying his wand as the staircase moved. Fire licked at their feet, forcing Lee and George backwards on the stairs, Alicia and Angelina somewhere toward the top of the stairs.

The heat of the spell making George's grip on his wand slick from sweat.

"We can take him," Lee muttered lowly, sending an explosion charm that took out part of the railing as Yaxley deflected it.

We have to

Behind him, Angelina and Alicia were shouting spells, clearly in their own duels as they were forced to backup the stairs. Yaxley continuing to advance on them with each casual step he took.