She'd probably make Fred send me off though

She bit at her lip as she breathed deeply.

"We can't just stand here," she muttered to Fred who shot a severing charm toward a Snatcher who was advancing on Lavender Brown across the chasm that was the maze of moving stairs.

"Caught yoouuuu!"

Whirling around, Harper and Fred came face to face with four Snatchers and a Death Eater Harper didn't recognize from their frame, their face obscured by their hood.

"Protego!" Harper put up a shield charm just as a jet of red hurtled toward them. She locked eyes with the Death Eater, their hood still on as their face was illuminated with the jet of red she silently sent right after the shield charm went up.

The death eater was catapulted backwards roughly into an empty pedestal, there was a crunch of his skull hitting the stone as he slid to the ground. The four Snatchers seemed to lose their nerve slightly, one of them stepping forward. Harper rolled her eyes, lifting George's wand and casting a repulsion spell their way just as one was able to hit Fred square in the chest with a jet of orange light-causing Fred to go over the railing, grunting as he pulled himself back over.

"Reducto!" The group of Death Eaters were blasted away through the windows that were right behind them.

Turning toward Fred who was struggling to pull himself up, Harper grabbed at his belt and helped hoist him over the railing, landing with a thud Fred let out a sigh of relief.

"Let's stay away from the stairs, shall we?!" Harper said with a breathy laugh, clutching her chest as she helped Fred to his feet.

"Oh yes, because that was completely planned!" Fred gave her an incredulous look as he shook his head.

Blood trickled from his mouth

The nausea in her stomach twisted again, Harper reached out a hand to his face, staring intently at him. Fred watched her patiently look him over.

I'm finally losing it

Blood, he was caked in blood

No he's not

"Nonemacker! Am I glad to see you, I have a bone to pick with you!"

Harper turned just in time to be squeezed around the midriff by a tall boy with bleach blonde tips, his shirt bloodied and torn.

His neck was at an awkward angle

Stopstopstopstopstop!

"Just saw your Weasley with a ring! How dare you not invite me to the wedding—"

"—we haven't gotten married—"

"Victor, put her down!" Fred ordered, rolling his eyes. "We're in the middle of a fight for our lives here!"

Harper looked from the stairs to Victor, his neck straight and normal.

What is happening to me?!

Harper looked toward the underneath of a staircase, it moving abnormally fast.

To the Mother and fates who are listening: go fuck yourself

As if to make Fred's point clearer, a jet of vibrant orange came close to Fred's arm, singeing his flannel as it careened with the bottom of the staircase above their heads as it moved. Causing them to jump away, Harper lunging to push Fred away, the after image of his head caved him making her ill.

"Up or down?" Fred looked at Harper for the lead, Harper twirled George's wand once around her fingers and looked around.

"I'll reprimand you later, Nonemacker! Gotta find Alexandria!" Victor called and was running off downstairs.