-Chapter Eight-

A/N: Hello hello! So this chapter is a bit long but hopefully it's fun to read!!

-Harry-

I was thinking about Alina a lot more than I should've been after we had that drink together. I honestly wasn't expecting our relationship to take a positive turn at all, but...surprisingly, it did.

That night, Alina proved to me that she was taking this showmance seriously. When that drunk piece of shit started harassing her and insulting me, I could tell by the look on her face that she was appalled by what he was saying about me. She was ready to defend herself, and me as well. I really wasn't expecting that.

And when he started coming on to her...spilling that drink on her to wet her clothes, I got...angry. The way I responded to his behaviour definitely wasn't just for show. I was disgusted at the way he was treating her, and I lashed out. I don't even know why I ended up reacting that way...it almost seemed to happen automatically.

I don't know if it was me settling into a sort of 'boyfriend' mindset from the contract, but I was feeling protective of her that night. The same way someone would feel protective over their actual girlfriend – and I didn't even know why.

I didn't really want to know why.

This showmance was just business. I was bound to Alina by that fucking contract, and nothing more. I haven't actually committed myself to someone in a very long time, and I intend to keep it that way.

I do what I want, when I want to fucking do it. And, if it wasn't for this contract, I'd be bedding whoever I wanted, when I wanted to as well.

It was just easier that way. Much easier.

A few nights had passed since I went out for that drink with Alina. We were yet to arrange something else to do together. But honestly, I think both of us just wanted a fucking break. We already did something that would probably trend for at least a week with all the drama that went down. Surely we can sit back and relax for just a little bit.

I decided it had been a while since I'd had a good night out, so I decided to hit up the bars. I wasn't gonna go back to Cahoots, though – as the media was apparently now seeing that place as 'Harry and Serenity's bar'.

A personal favourite place of mine was the Oriole bar in Poultry Ave. I was always hooked up with a good drink there. I'd gotten a good lay from that place a few times before, too – but obviously, I had to skip that part (very unfortunate).

I mean, what harm could it possibly do to me and Alina just because I went out for a drink by myself for one night? Are people gonna think that we 'broke up' because I was spotted in a bar alone?

Maybe. But that's fucking ridiculous. And besides...Alina and I could probably debunk any rumours like that by doing something else together the following week.

I don't have to miss out on my life just because of a stupid contract. I can still enjoy a good fucking drink.

***

It was a quiet night at the bar, and I was about two tequilas into my drinking. I wasn't exactly sure how much I was gonna drink tonight – but I took a Taxi here, so it's not like I had a limit.

All of a sudden, the strange sensation that somebody was watching me started to wash over me. Frowning a little, I began to subtly look around the bar to find out who the hell it was. Soon enough, I met another pair of eyes across the room.

It was a woman. Blonde hair, blue eyes, fair skin, big tits. Wearing a black top and a tight red skirt that looked sexy as hell.

Absolutely fucking gorgeous.