Chapter 13

Ophelia's POV

I hate him. I hate him with all my strength. How could I for one moment think that maybe he loves me. The way he kissed me, cares for me, touches me...I just thought he liked me. But I was wrong and naive. I should've known from the start. He most definitely wants me for my body since he's bored, and will forget about me once the missions over.

That's it, I'm done playing his stupid games. I will not give him what he wants. I go to pack my things as the rest of the men wake up. "Edmond." I call out.

"Oh there you are Ophelia, I was growing worried." He replies with his fatherly love.

"Oh you know I can defend my self Edmond." I laugh.

He looks worried. "Ophelia have you been crying?"

"Me? No definitely not. Something must've gotten into my eye."

"Ok then. We're going to take off in a bit after breakfast." Edmond says as he holds the dried oats bag.

"Let me take it." I get the bags.

"You don't need to but oh well."

I take the oats to the bon fire where one of the men has already started boiling water in a pot.

"Thank you." The man says as I hand him the bag.

"No worries." I reply as I go sit on the near by log.

Just then, Xavier decides to appear, holding a basket. "I found blueberries and thought it would be perfect to pair with breakfast." He says happily to the man as he quickly glances at me.

I huff and start to walk away because I can't stand being near him. "Miss Ophelia will you not eat?" asks the man, stopping me in my tracks.

"Actually now that you mention it I am not hungry. I actually happen to hate blueberries-." I smile.

"Ophelia I thought you loved blueberries, I do recall-." Edmond exposes me as he walks up to us.

"Edmond! Uh why don't we go get some water, there are some important things I'd like to discuss." I grab his arm to walk him away from the situation to save me from further humiliation. I look over to Xavier who's already smirking to himself. What a jerk.

We walk off to give our horses water. "Ophelia, are you alright?" Edmond asks.

"Mhm. I'm fine." I lie.

"You don't seem your best. You do know that I am always here if you need to talk or need any fatherly advice." He reassures me.

I debate telling him about Xavier but realize that I shouldn't put that much energy towards him anyway. I'm overreacting and should just forget anything happened.

"Thank you Edmond. Also, how much longer do you think it'll take to reach there?"

"Well, it is pretty far. It's fascinating they managed to come this far to attack other tribes. From what I've heard, they have enemies left and right."

"Wow."

"Why? Are you starting to tire out? If you want we can start heading home, the rest of the army may continue-."

"Oh no there's no need. I was just wondering." I just want to know how much longer I'll be stuck in Xavier's presence.

"We'll travel till the sun sets, by then we'll probably reach the tribe of Torgesh. They are very noble people. They respected and helped whom ever they could. They were some of your parents closest friends." Edmond explains.

I spend the rest of my time with Edmond as I brush my horse.

"On your horses everyone. We will leave shortly!" I hear him say.