Of course, this mistaken error that I was referring to occurred long ago but it was not something that my father took lightly to heart, as he was quick enough to remind me of such facts.

"One account of foolishness error, you say? That account does not include the multiple times you have intentionally broken my trust and restored faith in you, such as the time when you snuck out of the Palace to consume illegal substances that altered your brain chemicals permanently with none other than your idiot for a cousin and the influence of your rightful ruler, Zephyr! I do not mean to offend you, Zion, we do know that you could not handle the responsibilities of managing the Kingdom, after all."

My father apologized to Zion who had grown increasingly quiet with the multiple insults thrown his way and for once, I was partially envious of his ability and willpower to stay silent in the face of anger and frustration.

Fates knows I could not keep my emotions and temperamental ways under control even when provoked by the likes of my bothersome father figure.

However, I would not get the chance to question my father on his ethics as a scream was heard from miles away, a feminine scream that I was beginning to know all too well.

A scream of terror and of danger and I could feel my roughened heart thud inside my chest cavity as my sharpened teeth bared themselves while I anxiously scanned the expansive dining hall for Mabel or Zephyr, both who have seemingly disappeared without a trace whatsoever.

Sure, Mabel had been escorted to the bed quarters that she had been assigned but that did not explain the fact that my brother was not here as well.

Where exactly had he gone away to?

And why was Mabel screaming for help as if her life depended on it?

Because her life did depend on it, you moronic fool.

It was as if my body suddenly sprung into actions by such intrusive thoughts that plagued my mind, as if I had simply needed a nudge in the right direction for my body to be allowed to physically move towards the scream that still echoed through my skull even as the vibrations ceased abruptly along the Palace walls.

Fates!

What if something has happened to Mabel?

What dangers could have happened to her in this short of a time span?

I questioned myself mentally on these perplexing circumstances even as I rushed out of the dining hall, my father calling for me to come back and finish our discussion, which I didn't want to do mainly for the fact that it wasn't a discussion so much as it was a masculinity and dominance contest between the two of us, but I ignored his pestering ways of persuasion as I made my way through the winding halls of the Palace in search of the tiny female who had captured my mind in less time then it took for her to understand our native language.

The hallways were confusing to say the least bit, as my father could not spare any expense on the modeling of the Palace but he could offer much disappointment to his eldest son whenever possible.

I was able to locate Mabel's bed chambers within a few moments of my feet pounding heavily across the slick flooring of the Palace and when I heard the muted noises of distress coming from inside the bed chambers, my younger brother's voice hushing Mabel roughly as if he wanted to permanently silence her with more than just his words, the anger from inside my veins burst out just like my arms did as I ripped off the door like it wasn't merely more than a small obstacle in my way towards securing the female from the edge of danger's grasp.

And the danger was currently my brother who, upon the sudden intrusion of my arms ripping the door to shreds, glared up from his position above Mabel as he pinned her much smaller body down without exerting much strength at all.