♥ Scared ♥

"No Harry, the nurse said they would change your meds to something that works better for you but they didn't know what to give you yet so you aren't on any right now" Louis explained. Zayn noticed that Harry was asleep and said, "I can see that he's really tired".

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

"We should probably let him rest now" Liam said as he stood up from his chair, "do you know how long he has to stay in the hospital, Louis?". "I'm not positive, but I think they said something about releasing him tomorrow," Louis told the boys, "they just want to see if the new medication works better". "Bye" said Niall, "tell him we're waiting".

After the boys left, Louis stayed with Harry. He had promised to always be with Harry so he was going to honor that commitment. Management allowed the boys to have some freedom until Harry got released from the hospital.

"Good evening" a nurse said as she gently came into Harry's room. "Is it okay if I explain to you what we're going to do?" she asked Louis, noticing that Harry was asleep. He nodded.

"We've found a medication that will be perfect for your friend" she started. "Fiancé" Louis corrected her. "So we're going to give the first dose tomorrow morning, and Harry is going to stay here another night. But if everything goes well he can be released after that - does that sound okay?" The nurse explained kindly.

Louis felt relief wash over him. It was all going to be okay. He nodded and smiled at her gratefully. "Have you eaten anything sir? you look a bit pale" The nurse asked.

Louis hadn't even realized he had totally forgotten to eat, that explained why he felt a bit dizzy earlier but he didn't mention it to anyone.

"I'm fine, just a bit tired." He reassured her.

The nurse gave him a doubtful look but didn't say anything else before walking away. Louis was about to crawl up to Harry's bed and cuddle with him but he realized how hungry he was so he quickly went to the canteen to grab something to eat.

After eating a sandwich and drinking a cup of coffee, he went back to Harry who was still asleep.

Louis sat down on the edge of the bed and gently stroked Harry's hair. "I'm sorry you're going through this, love. I wish I could make you feel better" He whispered before kissing Harry's forehead softly.

The following day, Harry woke up early. Though the medication was new, the rest of the day proceeded similarly to the previous one.

"Good morning buddy, do you feel any difference?" Louis asked softly. "No, not really. I'm maybe a little less tired but I don't think it's from the medication," Harry said. "Yeah, you slept pretty much all day yesterday" Louis said.

They spent the whole time in the hospital doing basically nothing. Liam, Zayn and Niall came by to say hi though.

The next day Harry was finally discharged from the hospital. He felt much better, a little woozy but overall much improved. Louis helped him change into new clothes and when they stepped outside their friends were there to greet them.

"How are you feeling Harry?" Niall asked. "Much better, thank you" Harry replied. They went out for sushi after Harry expressed a desire for it.

They laughed and joked, Harry feeling more himself with each passing minute. He was so grateful to Louis and his friends and for all their help and support.

The boys went parted ways late at night and Harry finally got to come back home with Louis. "AHH HOME SWEET HOME" Harry said gleefully as he came in from the front door, making Louis laugh a little.

"I'm glad to see you're doing much better" Louis said. "Thanks I really am, my little boobear" Harry said as he grabbed Louis's face and kissed him on the lips.

"I love you so much" Harry said. "I love you too, now why don't we get some sleep and continue this tomorrow?" Louis asked as he yawned a little bit.

Harry agreed and they went to bed, cuddling up close to each other as they both quickly fell asleep in the peaceful bliss of being together once again.

***

Harry woke up to see that Louis was on the phone with someone, looking disappointed. Harry poked Louis gently, getting his attention, "What's the matter?". Louis covered the speaker with the other hand and said "no worries baby, it's just management, they want us to do the concert today". "I can do it" Harry said with a smile. "Are you sure?" Louis asked, and Harry nodded in response.

Louis responded to management with a reluctant "okay" before hanging up the phone. Then he turned back to Harry and gave him a good morning kiss. "How did you sleep?" Louis said, taking in Harry's adorable sleepy eyes. "I slept well, but I would have slept better if someone hadn't tried to steal the blanket from me all night" Harry responded with a touch of humor.

Louis chuckled softly before getting out of bed and starting to get ready for the day. "It's been a while since we showered together - let's do it again" Louis said playfully. Harry eagerly agreed and leapt out of bed, nearly tackling Louis in his haste to get to the shower. "Whoa, easy there you cheetah" Louis said with a smirk as he joined in.

After showering together, they got dressed and went downstairs to the kitchen to make breakfast. Harry was really happy. Louis was so pleased to see Harry in such high spirits - it had been a while since he'd seen him this way. The new medication seemed to be working well for Harry.

They made some breakfast and then they sat down at the table, pulled their chairs up close, and began to eat. They enjoyed the breakfast they had made, talking and laughing together between bites.

"When do we need to be at the arena?" Harry inquired. "Uhm, I think it was supposed to be at 4pm" Louis responded. "Can you double check to make sure?" Harry requested. "Yeah, of course" Louis said as he pulled his phone out of his pocket. He then added that he was right - it was the right time.

"You're positive you can handle the concert today?" Louis asked, looking worried. Harry let out a sigh before responding, "Louis please, I got this". "You know what happened the last time you said that," Louis noted. "I do, but I'm doing much better now and I'm on better medication too" Harry explained, making eye contact with Louis.

Louis seemed to contemplate this for a minute before finally relenting. "Okay, but if you start feeling strange at any point during the concert, you tell me and we'll leave immediately". Harry nodded in agreement as he gathered up his and Louis's dishes.

"Thanks" Louis said with a smile. Harry smiled back and wrapped his arms around Louis from the back, "Love you, thank you for caring about me". "Always Hazza, love you too" Louis replied, afterwards kissing Harry on the cheek.

***

They were running late as they made their way to the arena, where the others had already arrived. "Sorry, Harry couldn't find his other shoe" Louis joked as they entered the backstage area. "Hey guys!" Niall called out, running over to them and giving them a small hug.

"Are you feeling alright, Harry?" Zayn inquired. "Yes, yes of course! I'm just a bit anxious" he replied. "Don't worry, I think everything will be fine this time" Liam said as he reassuringly patted Harry on the back.

"All right everyone, you're up in five minutes!" one of the managers announced.

"Harry? You're shaking" Louis said, looking worried. "I'm just nervous, it's alright," Harry said. They went up on stage and everything went perfect. Harry gradually became more relaxed and was actually quite calm by the end of the show. The crowd was cheering. It was a great performance.

For some inexplicable reason, Harry sprinted to the restroom and locked the door as soon they arrived backstage. The boys got really worried.

TO BE CONTINUED...