Chapter 42 - [REDACTED]

"Are you sure you want me to be here?" Yagi asked, awkwardly staring at you from the other side of the room.

You sat next to Enji's bed in a chair, grasping his pale hand. You looked up at Yagi. It was weird seeing him look so miserable in this form, but you supposed it suited him better.

"It's as much my problem as yours and now Enji is in the equation too. He's targeting my family, isn't he?"

Yagi grimaced. "It seems so," he said, though his tone seemed suspicious.

You narrowed your eyes, scrutinizing his expression. "You're hiding something, aren't you?"

He sighed in defeat. The man couldn't lie to save his life. "It's best if both you and Endeavor hear it."

You frowned but relented, just as Enji started stirring. You focused on his face and he scowled, his brow knitting in confusion as he sluggishly blinked his red lashes.

You squeezed his hand and smoothed your thumb over his knuckles.

"(Y/N)?" He asked, sleep having made his voice gravely. That or screaming.

You looked down at his wrists again, a new wave of fury washing over you.

He tentatively raised his free hand and rested it on your forearm before focusing on the cannula in the crook of your elbow.

You looked at his concerned frown and your eyes softened, your shoulders sagging.

"I healed you, En. It hurts me as much as it hurt you, so I needed some morphine," you explained. At the stricken look on his face, you realized the man didn't know that your quirk worked that way.

"You shouldn't have healed m-"

"Bullshit. Of course I should have," you glanced down at your intertwined fingers. "I was so fucking worried Enji."

He breathed a half sigh, his eyes glossing over slightly. "I was pathetic, (Y/N)-"

"That bald bastard held you down as that kid tortured you. The fact that you're not crying right now shows that you're far from pathetic, Enji. You don't get to be self deprecating in this case."

His eyes widened. "How do you know that?"

"Because I met the sick son of a bitch that did this to you. So has All Might," you looked up.

"Oh fuck no," Enji said. "If you tell he's behind me I'm killing you, (Y/N)."

"Okay I won't tell you," you said, looking away.

Enji let out an outraged breath but didn't let go of your hand. "All Might, you better get over here before I turn your stupid hair into a makeshift wick."

You snorted, gaining a glare from both heroes. All Might skulked to your side, his trademark smile nowhere to be found. This seemed to mollify Enji.

"Explain," he ordered, somehow managing to seem imposing while lying down and wearing a hospital gown.

"The disabled villain is called All For One. He is able to steal people's quirks. He's also my," Yagi paused, as if unsure of the word. "Nemesis."

Hastily, Enji set his free palm alight, ensuring that he still had his quirk. He breathed a sigh of relief, before looking at Yagi and wordlessly imploring him to continue.

"It appears he has taken an interest in (Y/N) after their brief meeting. No doubt thanks to the younger villain who injured you."

Enji looked at you, his eyes narrowing. "You didn't tell me about this."