Chapter 40 - HIKARU

He gently placed the medal around your neck. You stared at his features as he did so and sighed softly.

"You have Hawks to thank for most of your victories," he said, almost teasingly.

"What? The feather trick is useful," you shrugged. "I think I need more quirks."

Enji looked at you incredulously. "More? Your strength is satisfactory."

"Since when was satisfactory enough for you?"

He smirked, glancing up at you, somewhat demure and said, "Fair enough."

"Dad!" The boy's usually monotone voice echoed as he hurtled towards you. Enji graciously stepped to the side and Shouto used his ice quirk to propel himself upward before landing squarely on your shoulders. He gripped your head and you snorted in shock.

"You wiped the floor with literally everyone. You're an awful sport," he chided, though his radiant smile betrayed him. You were once again reminded that this boy was only thirteen and you relished in his more childish behavior.

"I don't know whether to be flattered or insulted," you jibed.

Shouto rolled his eyes. "Flattered obviously. You should have seen Father's face. I couldn't tell if he was impressed or disappointed."

Enji huffed. "I expected nothing less."

The vote of confidence warmed you. You gave him an embarrassingly shy smile.

Rather unceremoniously, a camera was shoved in your face.

"How do you feel about getting first place, Sir?"

"Good."

Shouto snorted. "Wow Dad, so eloquent."

You slapped his thigh. "Don't sass me."

~~~

Fuck the patriarchy
6 members

[You]

Guys
I have a slight problem

[Yawara🐯]

Oh shit?
What happened?
Congrats on first place btw

[You]

Thank man
It's just uh
I think i might like endeavor
Like romantically

[Mirko 🐰]

No fucking shit my guy

[You]

But why???
Like he's married
And i haven't even known him that long

[Hawks 🐓]

Dude haven't you been with them for like a year?
You've spent more time with the guy than most couples have probably ever spent together before proposing
And his kid literally calls you dad
I'd be more surprised if you didn't have feelings for the guy.

[Yu ⛰️]

What he said

[You]

But
It's wrong?

[Emi 🤡]

Since when was being in love wrong? You're both consenting adults